Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • CPUs
  • Power
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 10, 2012 5:39:01 PM

Hello,
im a newbie builder 71 yr old and cant find 2x4pinatx connector on psu only 6pin thats fits the 8pin cpu power supply i have a ga-p55a-ud4p board and a shaw viper 720w psu with an i5 750 intel cpu . when i fire up without anything now all it will do is cycle on and off continously can i use this connector or do i need another psu

More about : cpu power connector

a b ) Power supply
a c 121 à CPUs
April 10, 2012 5:53:19 PM

There hould be 1 X CPU 4 pin connector. It's enough power for your CPU.
m
l
a c 144 ) Power supply
a c 129 à CPUs
April 11, 2012 4:38:45 AM

Don't use the 6 pin, that is for PCI connections - like GhislainG says there should be a single 4 pin that will fit - use that in the closer point to the CPU - the other 4 pin slot can be left unfilled with no ill effects.
m
l
April 11, 2012 6:05:41 AM

C12Friedman said:
Don't use the 6 pin, that is for PCI connections - like GhislainG says there should be a single 4 pin that will fit - use that in the closer point to the CPU - the other 4 pin slot can be left unfilled with no ill effects.

Thanks for the quick response I found the 4pin and hooked it up but it is still cycleing on and off so i will go back and begin at the beginning and do the full check list and get back to you and let you know how i went thanks again arfadog
m
l
!