Moving country for work, how do i package my gaming PC for the airport

Arimurad

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Hello,

I have to move and i was wondering how i go about this. I thought maybe if i put padding in my suitcase and take out the sensitive stuff, the HDD's and the graphics card and put them back in when i land.

What do you guys think, im not very confident in taking out motherbaords etc

Arimurad

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

thanks i got a pc case with all thats good jazz but is it safe for the dudes at the airport to toss it around

popatim

Titan
I like your idea of packing the HDD's and GPU seperately. I would ship them over seperately too since I dont think they'd get thru security in your suitcase.
I would also think about removing the cpu heatink & fan and shipping seperately.
Wrap the case good to insure no packing material gets inside before boxing it.

I would say the biggest threat of damage would be caused by the CPU cooler especially if its a large air cooler.

If it gets ripped off its mount from being tossed around it will cause all kinds of damage to the motherboard and any other valuable devices it comes into contact with.

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Safest way would be to disassemble all parts that could be possibly a threat when getting loose. Like ko888 said, most of all the CPU cooler, but also keep an eye on "tool less" fitted hardware, like HDDs/SSDs. Either secure those with screws or take them out.