Games hotter than Folding

Does anybody know why playing games (Crysis 2) gets my 460 1gb to 62 degrees while Folding@Home only hits 59? It seems like Folding should provide a more consistent workload.

Solution
Another thought for you, besides the point that the GPU would be at a high load using FaH or a Game. Are you putting a load on the CPU using FaH? It may be that the heat from the CPU is raising the case temps high enough that the GPU is getting just that little bit hotter. Try using FaH v7 and load both the CPU and GPU (CPU load should be to all but one core as the GPU uses one core).

caqde

Distinguished
Another thought for you, besides the point that the GPU would be at a high load using FaH or a Game. Are you putting a load on the CPU using FaH? It may be that the heat from the CPU is raising the case temps high enough that the GPU is getting just that little bit hotter. Try using FaH v7 and load both the CPU and GPU (CPU load should be to all but one core as the GPU uses one core).

Solution
The Crysis game has always been notorious for putting a maximum stress load on a gpu and the difference with F@H and the game is that the game has sudden burst of intensity for periods of time and then drops to normal to be followed by more sudden bursts of intensity so it's hard for the cooling system to keep it under control , while F@H is more of a steady demanding usage and that gives the cooling system a chance to keep it lower since it dosn't have the sudden burst.

cuecuemore

Distinguished

That's what I figured, and I always wondered how Crysis could get so hot between 80-95% when Folding stayed relatively cool @100%. So basically what I'm saying is that I'm useless to answer your question:p