Sign in with
Your question

Is RMA possible?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 18, 2013 5:57:13 PM

Hi all,

So uh, my motherboard died. As in the sense I installed new RAM, and it wouldn't post. Tried memok, nothing happened. Tried to re-flash the bios (ASUS tells you to transfer BIOS from a USB), no avail. So the support rep told me to RMA.

Anyways, any physical damage means that the RMA is void. And I might have a loose graphics card retainer (clip).. It's still attached, and it still functions perfectly normally. It's just that its a bit loose.. Would this be considered physical damage? And void my warranty? :/  I don't want to spend $20 shipping it out to them just for them to tell me its void and send it back.. And have to get a new motherboard. Any help would be great :) 

More about : rma

February 18, 2013 8:36:26 PM

No, I would think it takes more than that to be considered physical damage..I would try emailing both the retailer you bought it from as well as the company that manufactures the board and see if either one will be able to RMA it.
a c 435 V Motherboard
February 18, 2013 8:39:06 PM

I doubt it. Surface scratches sometimes void your warranty. Asus can be picky.
Related resources
February 18, 2013 11:18:36 PM

roaddoc326 said:
No, I would think it takes more than that to be considered physical damage..I would try emailing both the retailer you bought it from as well as the company that manufactures the board and see if either one will be able to RMA it.

Yea the rep said it should be fine, but he can't guarantee anything for me. Like >:/
February 18, 2013 11:18:59 PM

o1die said:
I doubt it. Surface scratches sometimes void your warranty. Asus can be picky.

There's no surface scratches.. So I think I should be fine then :p 
!