Horrible framerates in BF3 Help?

mauler184

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
ok i get ungodly horrible framerates in BF3 . Multiplayer that is. Like 20-25 fps on all lowest settings. No AA etc. But when i play Skyrim i get 30-45 fps on high with AA enabled. Maybe im doing something wrong? I have no idea but it sure as hell is pissing me off. please don't laugh but heres my setup.

Cpu-E5800 dual core @3.2ghz
4gb 1333
gts 450 @ 900 core clock 1803 shader and 1804 memory clock
CoolerMaster power plus extreme 500w

This is a dell computer with a new psu and gpu slapped in :D

So what would be my problem do i delete old drivers? I have no idea whta to do. Any help is appreciated :D

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Dual cores are fine for single player, but multiplayer is a no-go

http://www.sweclockers.com/artikel/14650-prestandaanalys-battlefield-3/5#pagehead

your cpu is the problem.

loneninja

Distinguished
If your low frame rates are in multiplayer its definitely your CPU as noob2222 has already pointed out. The size of the maps, vehicles, destructible environments, number of players, it's all very taxing on the processor. The increased destruction in the Back to Karkland expansion makes it even harder on the CPU too.

cmi86

Distinguished

Yeah that's kind of the problem. Yes they will be a massive improvement for you in BF3 multi but the cost on that old tech is so inflated you are better off just saving a bit and investing in a new CPU/mobo combo.

cmi86

Distinguished

If you currently have a copy of win 7 you will not need to purchase another.

TRENDING THREADS