Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

old items from BG1 in BG 2

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 3:29:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

RCV: I recall seeing somewhere that some of the treasure that is
scattered around Irenicus's dungeon/prison can change depending upon what
your character was carrying when transferring the character from a BG 1 save
into BG 2 as an imported character.
I think [but could be wrong] that this affected the +1 Long Sword, the
Mail of the Dead and [possibly] the Helm of Balduran .

What I'm curious about is what items can change, and what items can
"follow" you in. I'm not interested in cheats to keep all your items [the
"pause - drop - pick up" routine] but simply whether or not there are
legitimate item variations, and if so, what are they?
Thanks in advance.

Rich

More about : items bg1

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 10:44:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Rich C. Velay" <RCVelay@remove.this.shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:TCpbe.1137663$6l.44851@pd7tw2no...
> RCV: I recall seeing somewhere that some of the treasure that is
> scattered around Irenicus's dungeon/prison can change depending upon what
> your character was carrying when transferring the character from a BG 1
save
> into BG 2 as an imported character.
> I think [but could be wrong] that this affected the +1 Long Sword, the
> Mail of the Dead and [possibly] the Helm of Balduran .
>
> What I'm curious about is what items can change, and what items can
> "follow" you in.

I've heard that it's possible to keep the horn & claw of Kazgaroth.
Ok, the spelling is buthered and maybe it's not actually a horn & claw - I
never get these items, but you know what I'm talking about. I've heard that
it's possible to get one (or both?) of these items as a replacement for the
helm of balduran. IOW, I believe it's an either/or situation. Like I said
though,
I've never tried it.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 11:46:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"kevin" <completely@invalid.com> wrote in message
news:6_vbe.28236$AE6.4342@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>
>
> I've heard that it's possible to keep the horn & claw of Kazgaroth.
> Ok, the spelling is buthered and maybe it's not actually a horn & claw - I
> never get these items, but you know what I'm talking about. I've heard
that
> it's possible to get one (or both?) of these items as a replacement for
the
> helm of balduran. IOW, I believe it's an either/or situation. Like I said
> though,
> I've never tried it.
>
RCV: Yeah I've heard that as well - although I am not that interested in
either of those items. The pantaloons "follow" you as well, but again that
isn't what I'm looking for... :( 
Basically I'm wondering, is it the +2 L Sword Varscona that replaces the
stock +1 L Sword, and what replaces the Mail of the Dead?

Thanks for the reply.

Rich
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:17:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Rich C. Velay wrote:

> Basically I'm wondering, is it the +2 L Sword Varscona that replaces the
> stock +1 L Sword, and what replaces the Mail of the Dead?

Varscona does not come across. My PC has had it when he came across,
and the regular Long Sword +1 awaited him.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 5:19:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:blxbe.7160$J12.173@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
> Rich C. Velay wrote:
>
> > Basically I'm wondering, is it the +2 L Sword Varscona that replaces
the
> > stock +1 L Sword, and what replaces the Mail of the Dead?
>
> Varscona does not come across. My PC has had it when he came across,
> and the regular Long Sword +1 awaited him.

RCV: Rats. <laffs> Its in the game's items though. Two versions
actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
version of it? Quite the nifty little sword - if one was going to cheat
something in...

I knew at one point what the items were that followed you, but I've
since lost my notes on that. Checked a few FAQs but no info on this. Oh
well, thanks for the reply.

Rich
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 7:51:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Rich C. Velay wrote:

> RCV: Rats. <laffs> [Varscona is] in the game's items though. Two versions
> actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
> version of it?

No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:48:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:8%Dbe.1751$zu.1611@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
> No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.

RCV: Thanks. With -10 to AC, permanent Prot from Evil and a few other
things, it would be quite good for de-bugging - de-monstering as well....
;) 

Rich
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 1:11:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:8%Dbe.1751$zu.1611@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> Rich C. Velay wrote:
>
>> RCV: Rats. <laffs> [Varscona is] in the game's items though. Two
>> versions
>> actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
>> version of it?
>
> No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.

According to GameBanshee:
(http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/equipment/long...)
Long Sword +2, Varscona (SW1H41)
Location(s)
Random Encounter - Loot from Catti Brie, one of Drizzt's friends
Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Guard by the palace gate
Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Captain by the palace gate

Can't remember if this is true, however.
Wim
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 10:31:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Wim Dekker wrote:
> "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> news:8%Dbe.1751$zu.1611@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
>>Rich C. Velay wrote:
>>
>>
>>> RCV: Rats. <laffs> [Varscona is] in the game's items though. Two
>>>versions
>>>actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
>>>version of it?
>>
>>No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.
>
>
> According to GameBanshee:
> (http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/equipment/long...)
> Long Sword +2, Varscona (SW1H41)
> Location(s)
> Random Encounter - Loot from Catti Brie, one of Drizzt's friends
> Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Guard by the palace gate
> Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Captain by the palace gate
>
> Can't remember if this is true, however.
> Wim

It's quite true...but it's not what Rich asked. KILLSW01 =/= SW1H41.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:03:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Rich C. Velay wrote:
> RCV: I recall seeing somewhere that some of the treasure that is
> scattered around Irenicus's dungeon/prison can change depending upon
what
> your character was carrying when transferring the character from a BG
1 save
> into BG 2 as an imported character.
> I think [but could be wrong] that this affected the +1 Long
Sword, the
> Mail of the Dead and [possibly] the Helm of Balduran .
>
> What I'm curious about is what items can change, and what items
can
> "follow" you in. I'm not interested in cheats to keep all your items
[the
> "pause - drop - pick up" routine] but simply whether or not there are
> legitimate item variations, and if so, what are they?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rich

Go here:

http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

Basically, there are two lists and you can have one item from each list
transfer with your character into BGII. The first list, in order of
priority, contains Armor:

1) Protector of the Second (Leather Armour +2)
2) Mail of the Dead +2 (Chain Mail +2) [DEFAULT]
3) Fallorain's Plate (Plate Mail +1)
4) Chainmail +3

The second list, also in order of priority, has miscellanious items:

1) Helm of Balduran [DEFAULT]
2) Claw of Kazgaroth
3) Horn of Kazgaroth
4) Ring of the Princes (Koveras' Ring of Protection +1)

The rules are:
1) If you have more than one of the items from either list, the higher
priority item (higher on the list) will transfer.
2) If you have none of the items or simply start BGII from scratch, the
[DEFAULT] items are what will transfer.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:32:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:ETQbe.1423$Gd7.40@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> Wim Dekker wrote:
>> "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> news:8%Dbe.1751$zu.1611@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>>>Rich C. Velay wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> RCV: Rats. <laffs> [Varscona is] in the game's items though. Two
>>>> versions
>>>>actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
>>>>version of it?
>>>
>>>No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.
>>
>>
>> According to GameBanshee:
>> (http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/equipment/long...)
>> Long Sword +2, Varscona (SW1H41)
>> Location(s)
>> Random Encounter - Loot from Catti Brie, one of Drizzt's friends
>> Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Guard by the palace gate
>> Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Captain by the palace gate
>>
>> Can't remember if this is true, however.
>> Wim
>
> It's quite true...but it's not what Rich asked. KILLSW01 =/= SW1H41.

You're right, I should read more carefully what people mean.
Wim
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:57:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

<usenet33@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1114704217.455059.66860@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
> Go here:
>
> http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/miscellany.htm
>

RCV: Thanks, exactly what I was looking for! :) 

Rich
May 2, 2005 7:28:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

To be safe, I've added the spoiler space, but I'm sure there's no spoiler
for most here

There's the Pantaloons of course...

<usenet33@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1114704217.455059.66860@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Rich C. Velay wrote:
> > RCV: I recall seeing somewhere that some of the treasure that is
> > scattered around Irenicus's dungeon/prison can change depending upon
> what
> > your character was carrying when transferring the character from a BG
> 1 save
> > into BG 2 as an imported character.
> > I think [but could be wrong] that this affected the +1 Long
> Sword, the
> > Mail of the Dead and [possibly] the Helm of Balduran .
> >
> > What I'm curious about is what items can change, and what items
> can
> > "follow" you in. I'm not interested in cheats to keep all your items
> [the
> > "pause - drop - pick up" routine] but simply whether or not there are
> > legitimate item variations, and if so, what are they?
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Rich
>
> Go here:
>
> http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/miscellany.htm
>
> Basically, there are two lists and you can have one item from each list
> transfer with your character into BGII. The first list, in order of
> priority, contains Armor:
>
> 1) Protector of the Second (Leather Armour +2)
> 2) Mail of the Dead +2 (Chain Mail +2) [DEFAULT]
> 3) Fallorain's Plate (Plate Mail +1)
> 4) Chainmail +3
>
> The second list, also in order of priority, has miscellanious items:
>
> 1) Helm of Balduran [DEFAULT]
> 2) Claw of Kazgaroth
> 3) Horn of Kazgaroth
> 4) Ring of the Princes (Koveras' Ring of Protection +1)
>
> The rules are:
> 1) If you have more than one of the items from either list, the higher
> priority item (higher on the list) will transfer.
> 2) If you have none of the items or simply start BGII from scratch, the
> [DEFAULT] items are what will transfer.
>
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 7:45:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"M" <noemail@some.where> wrote in message
news:D 5436r$rha$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

RCV: Right, I was aware of that item, but thanks for being helpful. :) 

Rich
!