old items from BG1 in BG 2

RCV: I recall seeing somewhere that some of the treasure that is
scattered around Irenicus's dungeon/prison can change depending upon what
your character was carrying when transferring the character from a BG 1 save
into BG 2 as an imported character.
I think [but could be wrong] that this affected the +1 Long Sword, the
Mail of the Dead and [possibly] the Helm of Balduran .

What I'm curious about is what items can change, and what items can
"follow" you in. I'm not interested in cheats to keep all your items [the
"pause - drop - pick up" routine] but simply whether or not there are
legitimate item variations, and if so, what are they?
Thanks in advance.

Rich
14 answers Last reply
More about items
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    There is a mini mod here that allows you to get BG 1 items even if you
    start a new game in BG 2 without importing a character from BG 1 at
    all.

    http://hometown.aol.com/mprilla/myhomepage/profile.html
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Rich C. Velay" <RCVelay@remove.this.shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > RCV: I recall seeing somewhere that some of the treasure that is
    > scattered around Irenicus's dungeon/prison can change depending upon what
    > your character was carrying when transferring the character from a BG 1
    save
    > into BG 2 as an imported character.
    > I think [but could be wrong] that this affected the +1 Long Sword, the
    > Mail of the Dead and [possibly] the Helm of Balduran .
    >
    > What I'm curious about is what items can change, and what items can
    > "follow" you in.

    I've heard that it's possible to keep the horn & claw of Kazgaroth.
    Ok, the spelling is buthered and maybe it's not actually a horn & claw - I
    never get these items, but you know what I'm talking about. I've heard that
    it's possible to get one (or both?) of these items as a replacement for the
    helm of balduran. IOW, I believe it's an either/or situation. Like I said
    though,
    I've never tried it.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "kevin" <completely@invalid.com> wrote in message

    > I've heard that it's possible to keep the horn & claw of Kazgaroth.
    > Ok, the spelling is buthered and maybe it's not actually a horn & claw - I
    > never get these items, but you know what I'm talking about. I've heard
    that
    > it's possible to get one (or both?) of these items as a replacement for
    the
    > helm of balduran. IOW, I believe it's an either/or situation. Like I said
    > though,
    > I've never tried it.

    RCV: Yeah I've heard that as well - although I am not that interested in
    either of those items. The pantaloons "follow" you as well, but again that
    isn't what I'm looking for... :(
    Basically I'm wondering, is it the +2 L Sword Varscona that replaces the
    stock +1 L Sword, and what replaces the Mail of the Dead?

    Thanks for the reply.

    Rich
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Rich C. Velay wrote:

    > Basically I'm wondering, is it the +2 L Sword Varscona that replaces the
    > stock +1 L Sword, and what replaces the Mail of the Dead?

    Varscona does not come across. My PC has had it when he came across,
    and the regular Long Sword +1 awaited him.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Rich C. Velay wrote:
    >
    > > Basically I'm wondering, is it the +2 L Sword Varscona that replaces
    the
    > > stock +1 L Sword, and what replaces the Mail of the Dead?
    >
    > Varscona does not come across. My PC has had it when he came across,
    > and the regular Long Sword +1 awaited him.

    RCV: Rats. <laffs> Its in the game's items though. Two versions
    actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
    version of it? Quite the nifty little sword - if one was going to cheat
    something in...

    I knew at one point what the items were that followed you, but I've
    since lost my notes on that. Checked a few FAQs but no info on this. Oh
    well, thanks for the reply.

    Rich
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Rich C. Velay wrote:

    > RCV: Rats. <laffs> [Varscona is] in the game's items though. Two versions
    > actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
    > version of it?

    No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.

    RCV: Thanks. With -10 to AC, permanent Prot from Evil and a few other
    things, it would be quite good for de-bugging - de-monstering as well....
    ;)

    Rich
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Rich C. Velay wrote:
    >
    >> RCV: Rats. <laffs> [Varscona is] in the game's items though. Two
    >> versions
    >> actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
    >> version of it?
    >
    > No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.

    According to GameBanshee:
    (http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/equipment/longswords.php)
    Long Sword +2, Varscona (SW1H41)
    Location(s)
    Random Encounter - Loot from Catti Brie, one of Drizzt's friends
    Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Guard by the palace gate
    Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Captain by the palace gate

    Can't remember if this is true, however.
    Wim
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Wim Dekker wrote:
    > "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Rich C. Velay wrote:
    >>

    >>> RCV: Rats. <laffs> [Varscona is] in the game's items though. Two
    >>>versions
    >>>actually, you wouldn't happen to know who, if anyone, uses the KILLSW01
    >>>version of it?
    >>
    >>No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.
    >

    > According to GameBanshee:
    > (http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/equipment/longswords.php)
    > Long Sword +2, Varscona (SW1H41)
    > Location(s)
    > Random Encounter - Loot from Catti Brie, one of Drizzt's friends
    > Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Guard by the palace gate
    > Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Captain by the palace gate
    >
    > Can't remember if this is true, however.
    > Wim

    It's quite true...but it's not what Rich asked. KILLSW01 =/= SW1H41.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Rich C. Velay wrote:
    > RCV: I recall seeing somewhere that some of the treasure that is
    > scattered around Irenicus's dungeon/prison can change depending upon
    what
    > your character was carrying when transferring the character from a BG
    1 save
    > into BG 2 as an imported character.
    > I think [but could be wrong] that this affected the +1 Long
    Sword, the
    > Mail of the Dead and [possibly] the Helm of Balduran .
    >
    > What I'm curious about is what items can change, and what items
    can
    > "follow" you in. I'm not interested in cheats to keep all your items
    [the
    > "pause - drop - pick up" routine] but simply whether or not there are
    > legitimate item variations, and if so, what are they?
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Rich

    Go here:

    http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

    Basically, there are two lists and you can have one item from each list
    transfer with your character into BGII. The first list, in order of
    priority, contains Armor:

    1) Protector of the Second (Leather Armour +2)
    2) Mail of the Dead +2 (Chain Mail +2) [DEFAULT]
    3) Fallorain's Plate (Plate Mail +1)
    4) Chainmail +3

    The second list, also in order of priority, has miscellanious items:

    1) Helm of Balduran [DEFAULT]
    2) Claw of Kazgaroth
    3) Horn of Kazgaroth
    4) Ring of the Princes (Koveras' Ring of Protection +1)

    The rules are:
    1) If you have more than one of the items from either list, the higher
    priority item (higher on the list) will transfer.
    2) If you have none of the items or simply start BGII from scratch, the
    [DEFAULT] items are what will transfer.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > Wim Dekker wrote:
    >> "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message

    >>>No one, it was probably used for testing/debugging.
    >>

    >> According to GameBanshee:
    >> (http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/equipment/longswords.php)
    >> Long Sword +2, Varscona (SW1H41)
    >> Location(s)
    >> Random Encounter - Loot from Catti Brie, one of Drizzt's friends
    >> Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Guard by the palace gate
    >> Suldanessellar - Loot from Elven Captain by the palace gate
    >>
    >> Can't remember if this is true, however.
    >> Wim
    >
    > It's quite true...but it's not what Rich asked. KILLSW01 =/= SW1H41.

    You're right, I should read more carefully what people mean.
    Wim
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    <usenet33@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Go here:
    >
    > http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

    RCV: Thanks, exactly what I was looking for! :)

    Rich
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    To be safe, I've added the spoiler space, but I'm sure there's no spoiler
    for most here

    There's the Pantaloons of course...

    <usenet33@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Rich C. Velay wrote:
    > > RCV: I recall seeing somewhere that some of the treasure that is
    > > scattered around Irenicus's dungeon/prison can change depending upon
    > what
    > > your character was carrying when transferring the character from a BG
    > 1 save
    > > into BG 2 as an imported character.
    > > I think [but could be wrong] that this affected the +1 Long
    > Sword, the
    > > Mail of the Dead and [possibly] the Helm of Balduran .
    > >
    > > What I'm curious about is what items can change, and what items
    > can
    > > "follow" you in. I'm not interested in cheats to keep all your items
    > [the
    > > "pause - drop - pick up" routine] but simply whether or not there are
    > > legitimate item variations, and if so, what are they?
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Rich
    >
    > Go here:
    >
    > http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/miscellany.htm
    >
    > Basically, there are two lists and you can have one item from each list
    > transfer with your character into BGII. The first list, in order of
    > priority, contains Armor:
    >
    > 1) Protector of the Second (Leather Armour +2)
    > 2) Mail of the Dead +2 (Chain Mail +2) [DEFAULT]
    > 3) Fallorain's Plate (Plate Mail +1)
    > 4) Chainmail +3
    >
    > The second list, also in order of priority, has miscellanious items:
    >
    > 1) Helm of Balduran [DEFAULT]
    > 2) Claw of Kazgaroth
    > 3) Horn of Kazgaroth
    > 4) Ring of the Princes (Koveras' Ring of Protection +1)
    >
    > The rules are:
    > 1) If you have more than one of the items from either list, the higher
    > priority item (higher on the list) will transfer.
    > 2) If you have none of the items or simply start BGII from scratch, the
    > [DEFAULT] items are what will transfer.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "M" <noemail@some.where> wrote in message

    RCV: Right, I was aware of that item, but thanks for being helpful. :)

    Rich

Games Video Games