Dual VPN Clients on Win 7 x64 machine

mwindeler

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Hello, I have a need to connect to both a Cisco firewall as well as a SonicWall firewall on a Win 7 x64 machine. From everything I read, this can not be done as the two adapters will conflict with each other.

Does anyone have a solution? Either some way to run them both or possibly, could I use another VPN client (possible one of the opensource ones?) that would work with both Cisco and SW VPNs?

Thanks - really appreciate your insights on this.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Are you attempting to be connected to both VPN's at the same time? Or just merely have both clients installed at the same time and use whichever one is needed at that particular point in time?

mwindeler

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011

Great question and sorry for not making that clear in my problem statement. I would like to have both installed and use whichever I need at that time.

My issue is that I do consulting for financial companies - sort of an outsourced CFO. Up until now, all my clients ran a Cisco VPN so the one client worked great to access their systems. I took on a client that uses Sonic Wall so I would like to figure out a way to have them both installed on my machine and launch either as needed.

Thank you.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I've had both the sonicwall and Cisco clients installed at the same time and did not have any issues... Unfortunately, I do not think there is any single third party utility or software package that connects to both. Most VPN providers do not divulge their proprietary code to allow third party companies to write compatable clients.