Solved

Phenom x4 Bottle Neck?

Will my AMD Phenom x4 Deneb 3500 (4k OC) bottle neck a 6850x6870 Frankenfire?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about phenom bottle neck
  1. What games will you be playing?
  2. I will be getting Skyrim, BF3 and all that good stuff eventually. My most recent games will be Batman Arkham City and Wticher 2 after I set everytyhing up.
  3. In limited situations, but generally no. 64 player bf3 maps will tax the cpu, but will still maintain decent fps.
  4. Okay thats great! Can you specify the limited situations if it is simple enough? If not then it's cool cause I would probably take a bat to it before I figured out the problem anyway. LOL
  5. Best answer
    You should be fine. I run my Phenom X4 980 at stock 3.7 and two 560 ti's and don't get a bottleneck
  6. Sorry to say, but your CPU would probably bottleneck Intel HD 3000.

Kidding.

But seriously. I would consider switching to Intel if you are going to be gaming.
  7. Your answer isn't relevant to me at the moment but thank you for sharing your love for intel. I'm stuck with what I have and all I would need is a mobo that can crossfire the two.
  8. Best answer selected by Soarixay.
  9. Rockdpm said:
    You should be fine. I run my Phenom X4 980 at stock 3.7 and two 560 ti's and don't get a bottleneck

How do you know? Have you tried overclocking?

Just because you get good (or even great) performance doesn't mean there isn't a bottleneck. The key is to overclock until incremental gains in performance are no longer noticed with each subsequent overclock. I find it hard to believe that two high-end GPUs are performing at their maximum potential with a 980 black at stock, when my two 6970s (which just barely beat out your two GPUs, mind you) are bottlenecked by my Sandy Bridge up to 4.20GHz.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Phenom