Users & Programs

Everything we read says not to use the internet when
logged in as Administrator. I also read somewhere that
one should be able to install a program so that it works
with all users. At this moment, all programs which I have
installed as administrator are not functional with other
users. Help, please. Thanks, in advance.

Paris-PST wrote:
> Everything we read says not to use the internet when
> logged in as Administrator. I also read somewhere that
> one should be able to install a program so that it works
> with all users. At this moment, all programs which I have
> installed as administrator are not functional with other
> users. Help, please. Thanks, in advance.

Some software applications are not up to speed with a multi-user environment
like XP. Programs that are should give you the option, during installation
of installing for the current user or all users.

You can copy the shortcuts for the program into the C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Desktop folder to make them appear the other users, if
the other users still cannot start the programs from these shortcuts you
will need to use the following procedure.

Temporarily give the other users Administrator privileges and install the
software, while logged on as that user, to the same folder where it was
originally installed. Then set that user back to their original user
privileges. This will place all of the appropriate registry keys and
shortcuts for that user to access the program.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP