Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
December 31, 2011 11:34:21 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: This week.

Budget Range: 300$ After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Internet, programming, HD video streaming, my nephew wants me to play this video game, Dungeon Fighter Online with him, and I promised him that I would once I built a new computer, specs are here: http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/Support/Client.aspx

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: Whatever is best, I'm not a hardware guy, so I wouldn't know.

More about : 300 general purpose

January 1, 2012 12:53:48 AM

I looked at the link that you gave for that game, the recommended specs needed
are very low by today's standards, so pretty much anything should work for that game.

You mention that you are not "a hardware guy", I guess you mean that "is not that important to you" OR you might not be comfortable picking up pieces "a la carte".

I suggest looking into DIY PC combos on Newegg.com.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I...

This particular combo includes:

1x LOGISYS Computer CS305BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Enhanced SOHO Computer Case 480W Power Supply (Model:CS305BK)

1x MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (Model:760GM-P23 (FX))

1x AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFK42GM (Model:ADX640WFK42GM)

1x G.SKILL Value Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT (Model:F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT)

1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500413AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (Model:ST3500413AS)

1x Thermaltake A4022 92mm CPU Cooler (Model:A4022)

Combo Price: $266.99

(not sure about shipping on this combo) also depending where you live ... Tax

On this particular combo you have almost everything that you need minus a Monitor / OS / and that game.

The motherboard includes video (not the best choice) but you can add a video card later if you wish. Sound on most of today's motherboard are more than "good enough".

Note: this type of build is a BUDGET build and ou won't be able to expand/upgrade much, but it will be more than "sufficient" for what you are asking.

EDIT: you can add a budget monitor for 75-120 dollars, there are lots of choices around 20" lcd widescreen monitors on Newegg.com
m
l
January 1, 2012 1:15:20 AM

drwho1 said:

You mention that you are not "a hardware guy", I guess you mean that "is not that important to you" OR you might not be comfortable picking up pieces "a la carte".

In that instance I meant that I know jack *** about monitors.
Thanks for the build, however I'm not quite sure how comfortable I am with not having a dedicated GPU right off the bat.
m
l
January 1, 2012 2:25:54 AM

DrWho, I was originally looking into doing a budget build using the DIY combos on Newegg, but I decided not to.
Logisis (however it is spelled) is apparently one of the worst PSU makers. It is safer in the long run to choose parts yourself over a bundle (Unless the bundle includes decent parts).
m
l
January 1, 2012 2:53:53 AM

For what you're doing and the budget you have I typically recommend boxed pc's from retailers.

For $249 you can get an all-in-one package that includes everything including the OS and Monitor.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/eMachines-EL1358G-51W-Desktop...

You can barely buy a 1TB harddrive for that price lately. Don't get me wrong, this is a piece of junk. But it's a piece of junk that'll do everything you need it to do for a few years before dying a horrible death. Still, tough to beat the price.
m
l
January 1, 2012 4:45:16 AM

For a budget of $300 , with monitor included is a tight one. Based on them here's a build that goes overbudget . You would like to take a look at it.
It will be really great if you could salvage a HDD from somewhere as it would allow you to get some better components.

CPU: $52- Intel G530(Cheap sandy bridge derivative. Highly efficient)

Motherboard: $50- Biostar H61

RAM: $20- Patriot (2x 2GB)

HDD: $80- Hitachi 500GB

Case (With Power Supply): $30- Logisys(A damm cheap one, should get the job done)

Optical Drive: $18- Samsung

Monitor: $90-Acer 20"

Total(Excluding rebates): 340 USD

Rebates: 10 USD

m
l
January 1, 2012 4:55:22 AM

I think a pre built PC from a company is your best bet at this budget.
A low end machine will get what you want done.

$300 gets a Hard Drive, Windows License, Processor, and Mobo.
m
l
!