Sign in with
Your question

Reconnecting network hardware

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
January 27, 2011 4:37:30 AM

I have 2 Compaq 6710b laptops with exactly the same setup. XP Pro, Dlink DI 624S, Broadcom Netling Gigabit Ethernet.

The connection to my LAN disdappeared on one of them and I tried everything I could think of and finally tried Net work Setup Wizard. This simpply said I was not connected to the network (thanks very much) and that I should reconnect network cables which since one lap top works aere obviously connected or otherwise connect my network hardware. It unfortunately does not tell me how and I would appreciate any help I can get.

More about : reconnecting network hardware

January 27, 2011 11:41:24 AM

Can we get a ipconfig /all from both computers? Check in the device manager on the offending laptop to see if there is a driver issue with the adapter. Are you trying to connect wirelessly or wired?
m
l
January 27, 2011 4:06:18 PM

Swap cables with the laptops, is the same one still having issues? Lights on the adpaters on (if there are any lights)?
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2011 1:06:14 AM

thank you for your help

i've been able to resolve the problem by manualy putting in ip adress and other details

m
l
February 7, 2011 12:46:13 PM

Randy Steamer said:
thank you for your help

i've been able to resolve the problem by manualy putting in ip adress and other details

You're router should have done this, do you have one?
m
l
!