Help choosing a good case

etrigan3774

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
I was planning to buy a totally new pc about 3 months ago using advice from everyone here as I haven't built a PC in a long, long time, but I decided to wait for the Ivy Bridge i7 and the GTX 680. I'm going to have great components, dropping about $2500 on the initial build, but I need an awesome Full Tower case.
Here's the catch... I want to stay with air cooling.
I'm going to drop another GTX 680 in the thing for SLI the month after I put it together, plus I will be sticking with SSD so I need quite a few drive bays. Yes, I know its not very cost efficient, but I want to. I'll expand over time. Sometimes things get stuck in your head and you want to do it no matter what.
Needs to be pci-e 3.0 native and have room for a large CPU cooler, as I will be overclocking. I dont care where the PSU goes as long as its not in the middle of the case. :) I haven't chosen the mobo yet because I want to wait until Ivy actually releases, though it will be an ATX.
I was initially considering the Cosmos 2, but as it is $350 I was wondering if anyone had any other option for me from your experiences? Haf X maybe? I've done research, but basically what I've noticed is that water cooled gets a lot more air time that air cooled. So I seek advice.

Uther39

Distinguished

For that price and all those beautiful new components there can be only one case, the worlds best Air cooling and stunningly good looking case...

Silverstone SST-FT02B-W USB 3.0 Fortress Full Tower Aluminium Window Chassis - http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=242&area=en
1529713-a.jpg

1529713-b.jpg

1529713-c.jpg

1529713-d.jpg

Here take a look at mine, and i have the huge Be Quiet Dark Rock PRO COU cooler in there...
IMG_1334.jpg