Best RPGs for PS2?

What's your favorite RPG for the PS2?
2 answers Last reply
More about best rpgs

    Adam Corolla <nospam@nospam03550265902.com> wrote:
    > What's your favorite RPG for the PS2?

    I liked the Shadow Hearts series, Kingdom Hearts, and the Xenosagas.

    Shadow Hearts - much different setting/atmosphere than your typical RPG.

    Kingdom Hearts - creative fusion of Square and Disney. It's not as kiddie
    as it sounds...really.

    Xenosaga 1 & 2 - well, Xenogears was my favorite RPG from the PS1, and
    Xenosaga 1 & 2 are the prequels. Deep story line, interesting characters.

    Doug Jacobs wrote:
    > Adam Corolla wrote:
    >> What's your favorite RPG for the PS2?
    > Shadow Hearts - much different setting/atmosphere than your typical
    > RPG.

    The second, Covenant, was the better game. They have a really addictive and
    innovative gameplay with the ring and all, but mediocre in just about
    everything else [7.5 out of 10]

    > Kingdom Hearts - creative fusion of Square and Disney. It's not as
    > kiddie as it sounds...really.

    It was alright I guess but I got bored with it halfway and still doesn't
    come anywhere near classics like Secret of Mana, for instance [7 out of 10]

    >Xenosaga 1 & 2 - well, Xenogears was my favorite RPG from the PS1, and
    >Xenosaga 1 & 2 are the prequels. Deep story line, interesting
    >characters.

    Didnt play XS2, but the first one had a decent battle system and like
    Covenant everything else was just awful, sorry. It felt like a moronic 13
    year old had written the story for some school project and the characters
    were even worse, shallow and stereotypical. Some of the dialogue in the cut
    scenes still make me cringe just thinking about it [6.5 out of 10]

    My favorites RPGs for the PS2 so far are Nocturne [9 out of 10] and Digital
    Devil Saga [8.5 out of 10] - everything I've always wanted in a RPG plus
    some. Well, maybe except for the difficulty level - they couldve toned it
    down a notch, especially Nocturne, but still a lot better than interactive
    story books like the majority of RPGs of late.

    My favorite RPGs of all time are Vagrant Story, Chrono Trigger, Nocturne and
    Valkyrie Profile - in that order.

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video RPG Sony Video Games