Best RPGs for PS2?

Last response: in Video Games
June 2, 2005 10:59:25 PM

What's your favorite RPG for the PS2?

More about : rpgs ps2

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 2:04:07 AM

Adam Corolla <nospam@nospam03550265902.com> wrote:
> What's your favorite RPG for the PS2?

I liked the Shadow Hearts series, Kingdom Hearts, and the Xenosagas.

Shadow Hearts - much different setting/atmosphere than your typical RPG.

Kingdom Hearts - creative fusion of Square and Disney. It's not as kiddie
as it sounds...really.

Xenosaga 1 & 2 - well, Xenogears was my favorite RPG from the PS1, and
Xenosaga 1 & 2 are the prequels. Deep story line, interesting characters.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 8:18:52 AM

Doug Jacobs wrote:
> Adam Corolla wrote:
>> What's your favorite RPG for the PS2?
> Shadow Hearts - much different setting/atmosphere than your typical
> RPG.

The second, Covenant, was the better game. They have a really addictive and
innovative gameplay with the ring and all, but mediocre in just about
everything else [7.5 out of 10]

> Kingdom Hearts - creative fusion of Square and Disney. It's not as
> kiddie as it sounds...really.

It was alright I guess but I got bored with it halfway and still doesn't
come anywhere near classics like Secret of Mana, for instance [7 out of 10]

>Xenosaga 1 & 2 - well, Xenogears was my favorite RPG from the PS1, and
>Xenosaga 1 & 2 are the prequels. Deep story line, interesting
>characters.

Didnt play XS2, but the first one had a decent battle system and like
Covenant everything else was just awful, sorry. It felt like a moronic 13
year old had written the story for some school project and the characters
were even worse, shallow and stereotypical. Some of the dialogue in the cut
scenes still make me cringe just thinking about it [6.5 out of 10]

My favorites RPGs for the PS2 so far are Nocturne [9 out of 10] and Digital
Devil Saga [8.5 out of 10] - everything I've always wanted in a RPG plus
some. Well, maybe except for the difficulty level - they couldve toned it
down a notch, especially Nocturne, but still a lot better than interactive
story books like the majority of RPGs of late.

My favorite RPGs of all time are Vagrant Story, Chrono Trigger, Nocturne and
Valkyrie Profile - in that order.
!