Beta Testers Wanted for new Mobile Service

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Start-up company(in stealth mode) looking for beta testers to try out
a new service for your color phone. This is NOT a SPAM message or
solicitation for anything other than recruiting beta testers. You are
only required to have a color mobile phone with WAP service and a
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP PC. It's a very simple
service, primarily looking for feedback on quality, features, and ease
of use. Take's less than five minutes to try out, there is a short
web-based form to provide feedback. The first 25 people in each
country who join our beta test will get free use of service for one
year.

Interested? Email support@foneshot.com

David Turner
Beta Test Supervisor
23 answers Last reply
More about beta testers wanted mobile service
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "David Turner" <support@foneshot.com> wrote in message
    > Start-up company(in stealth mode) looking for beta testers to try out
    > a new service for your color phone. This is NOT a SPAM message

    Yes it is, go away.

    Ivor
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "mi" <mi@you.com> wrote in message
    > Just would like to say that it's REALLY a company, theyr website is
    > REALLY up, and the service REALLY good.. you should try before telling
    > more about something you don't know.. really!!

    And you REALLY don't know how to post, do you..?

    Ivor
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > And you REALLY don't know how to post, do you..?

    His post came through... looks like he knows how!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Ryan Hernalsteen" <rhernals@REMOVETHIScharter.net> wrote in message

    > > And you REALLY don't know how to post, do you..?
    >
    > His post came through... looks like he knows how!

    He doesn't know, or he's post at the bottom.

    Ivor
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > "David Turner" <support@foneshot.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Start-up company(in stealth mode) looking for beta testers to try out
    >>a new service for your color phone. This is NOT a SPAM message
    >

    > Yes it is, go away.

    Best to avoid any form of advertising in newsgroups, genuine or not it's
    the equivalent of standing at a bus stop placing leaflets in the hands
    of people on the most part, don't want them.

    --
    Marc
    See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

    >>He doesn't know, or he's post at the bottom.<<

    Bottom posting is idiotic, especially when the thread is 100 messages long
    and the whole thread is quoted. I was using usenet before there was a www,
    and no one bottom posted then? Who the HELL decided that was the right way??
    Quoting a relevant passage and posting below THAT is what was originally
    intended, just like I've done here. If I have to scroll more than one page
    to get to a post, it doesn't get read.

    --Mike

    "Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message

    > "Ryan Hernalsteen" <rhernals@REMOVETHIScharter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > And you REALLY don't know how to post, do you..?
    >>
    >> His post came through... looks like he knows how!
    >
    > He doesn't know, or he's post at the bottom.
    >
    > Ivor

  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Marc wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    >> "David Turner" <support@foneshot.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Start-up company(in stealth mode) looking for beta testers to try
    >>> out a new service for your color phone. This is NOT a SPAM message
    >>

    >> Yes it is, go away.
    >
    > Best to avoid any form of advertising in newsgroups, genuine or not
    > it's the equivalent of standing at a bus stop placing leaflets in
    > the hands of people on the most part, don't want them.

    why not? you can make neat little hats out of them! :-)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 03:17:09 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

    >I was using usenet before there was a www

    And you still haven't grasped it, eh? Perhaps you should give up and
    take up crosswords.

    --

    Iain
    the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones

    "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > >>He doesn't know, or he's post at the bottom.<<
    >
    > Bottom posting is idiotic,
    <SNIP>

    Mmm that's delicious

    There you are

    Two please

    Sugar?

    Yes please

    Would you like a cup of tea?

    --
    Slartibartfast
    To reply by email, remove the FJORDS from my address

    In article <VmLEc.80361$Dj3.76970@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>,
    "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

    > Bottom posting is idiotic, especially when the thread is 100 messages long
    > and the whole thread is quoted. I was using usenet before there was a www,
    > and no one bottom posted then? Who the HELL decided that was the right way??

    Newsgroups have always been quote and snip. The snipping prevents the
    scenario you outlined. It's astonishing than in all the time you say
    you've been here, you haven't managed to realize that. Perhaps in
    another few years...

    Email is something different. There, top replies make sense...
    especially when having a conversation with tech support.

    --
    Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
    "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

    Marc <see@signature.url> wrote in message news:<1088621237.4120.0@sabbath.news.uk.clara.net>...

    > Best to avoid any form of advertising in newsgroups, genuine or not it's
    > the equivalent of standing at a bus stop placing leaflets in the hands
    > of people on the most part, don't want them.

    Which is a good rule of thumb, IF it was consistant...

    I've often wondered why a guy like this David Turner gets flamed, but
    the Oxygen software guy gets a free pass when hawking his product or
    announcing the version has been upgraded from 2.1.1.4.05 to
    2.1.1.4.06...

    (Nothing personal- I'm sure OPM is great software, and it's author is
    a nice guy, I'm just pointing out the inconsistancies in "outrage" at
    advert posts...)
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On 2004-07-01, mgg <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:
    > Who the HELL decided that was the right way??

    Across cultures, the ad hoc rules of thumb of one generation become the
    dogma of the next. The violent reaction to top-posting by relative
    newcomers is interesting because they get told it's terrible, they
    adjust their behavior and their tools to fit, and after they've done so
    it really does feel terrible to them.

    On the other hand you could get a news tool which is designed to deal
    with posts with hundreds of quoted lines and a little text at the
    bottom.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > >>He doesn't know, or he's post at the bottom.<<
    >
    > Bottom posting is idiotic, especially when the thread is 100 messages long
    > and the whole thread is quoted. I was using usenet before there was a www,
    > and no one bottom posted then?
    <snip>

    You are either lying or joking, in those days top posters were publicly flogged
    then stoned to death.

    Top posting in recent years is mainly the result of newbies misusing
    their freebie Outlook Express

    Steve Terry
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    >Bottom posting is idiotic, especially when the thread is 100 messages long
    >and the whole thread is quoted. I was using usenet before there was a www,
    >and no one bottom posted then? Who the HELL decided that was the right way??

    What I hate is middle posting. Now that would be hard to find in 100+
    lines :)

    Pete

    >Quoting a relevant passage and posting below THAT is what was originally
    >intended, just like I've done here. If I have to scroll more than one page
    >to get to a post, it doesn't get read.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Just like the top poster guys! Find something relevant if you must vent your
    anxiety to life
    "Todd Allcock" <elecconnec@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Marc <see@signature.url> wrote in message
    >
    > > Best to avoid any form of advertising in newsgroups, genuine or not it's
    > > the equivalent of standing at a bus stop placing leaflets in the hands
    > > of people on the most part, don't want them.
    >
    > Which is a good rule of thumb, IF it was consistant...
    >
    > I've often wondered why a guy like this David Turner gets flamed, but
    > the Oxygen software guy gets a free pass when hawking his product or
    > announcing the version has been upgraded from 2.1.1.4.05 to
    > 2.1.1.4.06...
    >
    > (Nothing personal- I'm sure OPM is great software, and it's author is
    > a nice guy, I'm just pointing out the inconsistancies in "outrage" at
    > advert posts...)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Pete" <nospam@me.nut> wrote in message

    > >Bottom posting is idiotic, especially when the thread is 100 messages
    long
    > >and the whole thread is quoted. I was using usenet before there was a
    www,
    > >and no one bottom posted then? Who the HELL decided that was the right
    way??

    > What I hate is middle posting. Now that would be hard to find in 100+
    > lines :)
    >
    > Pete
    >
    > >Quoting a relevant passage and posting below THAT is what was originally
    > >intended, just like I've done here. If I have to scroll more than one
    page
    > >to get to a post, it doesn't get read.

    Not to mention, say if u r reading this on google, you would end up going
    through page after page just to get to the bottom lol. Waste of time, keep
    on the thread, U snip the quote and u laugh, You don't adapt, maybe we will
    assimilate U, maybe we will discard U as whatever.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:22:46 -0700, David Turner wrote:

    > Start-up company(in stealth mode)

    '(in stealth mode)' ?? So WTF is that supposed to mean ?

    > looking for beta testers to try out
    > a new service for your color phone. This is NOT a SPAM message or
    > solicitation for anything other than recruiting beta testers.

    Really.

    > You are
    > only required to have a color mobile phone with WAP service and a
    > Windows 98/ME/2000/XP PC. It's a very simple
    > service, primarily looking for feedback on quality, features, and ease
    > of use. Take's less than five minutes to try out, there is a short
    > web-based form to provide feedback. The first 25 people in each
    > country who join our beta test will get free use of service for one
    > year.
    >
    > Interested? Email support@foneshot.com

    No thanks ... AFAIK you could just be a SPAMMER harvesting for email addys.

    How about a web-site explaining exactly what 'foneshot' is all about.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "PDA Man" <pda@man.com> wrote in message news:<2uudnUj8Ms_msHjd4p2dnA@comcast.com>...

    > Just like the top poster guys! Find something relevant if you must vent your
    > anxiety to life

    Not venting, P-Man- just curious...
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.07.02.15.22.51.768000@ivetva.arg>...
    > On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:22:46 -0700, David Turner wrote:
    >
    > > Start-up company(in stealth mode)
    >
    > '(in stealth mode)' ?? So WTF is that supposed to mean ?
    >
    > > looking for beta testers to try out
    > > a new service for your color phone. This is NOT a SPAM message or
    > > solicitation for anything other than recruiting beta testers.
    >
    > Really.
    >
    > > You are
    > > only required to have a color mobile phone with WAP service and a
    > > Windows 98/ME/2000/XP PC. It's a very simple
    > > service, primarily looking for feedback on quality, features, and ease
    > > of use. Take's less than five minutes to try out, there is a short
    > > web-based form to provide feedback. The first 25 people in each
    > > country who join our beta test will get free use of service for one
    > > year.
    > >
    > > Interested? Email support@foneshot.com
    >
    > No thanks ... AFAIK you could just be a SPAMMER harvesting for email addys.
    >
    > How about a web-site explaining exactly what 'foneshot' is all about.

    Michael-

    We've started a beta test for a mobile service designed for color,
    WAP-enabled phones. As I'm sure you know, testing mobile services
    across a matrix of handsets and operators is quite difficult and
    tedious. We believed recruiting beta testers from mobile-related
    newsgroups would be mutually beneficial, as these folks tend to be
    very knowledgable of the technology and interested in reviewing new
    products and services. Based on the great response in just one week,
    this appears to be the case. I appreciate your concerns regarding
    SPAM, again, we are not spamming, we are quietly testing a new mobile
    service with a intelligent community of mobile aficionados. Any
    constructive suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
    -David

    mgg wrote:
    >>>He doesn't know, or he's post at the bottom.<<
    >

    > Bottom posting is idiotic, especially when the thread is 100 messages long
    > and the whole thread is quoted. I was using usenet before there was a www,
    > and no one bottom posted then? Who the HELL decided that was the right way??
    > Quoting a relevant passage and posting below THAT is what was originally
    > intended, just like I've done here. If I have to scroll more than one page
    > to get to a post, it doesn't get read.
    >
    > --Mike

    I agree Mike and editing like I have just done helps also, why keep
    unrelated stuff in your thread?

    73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    In alt.cellular.gsm mgg <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:
    > Bottom posting is idiotic, especially when the thread is 100 messages long
    > and the whole thread is quoted. I was using usenet before there was a www,
    > and no one bottom posted then? Who the HELL decided that was the right way??

    That has more to do with software which places the cursor at the bottom
    or top of a message by default and a user who either A. Doesn't know any
    better to fix such automated processes because he/she sees everyone
    else do it, or b. ..feels that everyone has high speed so who
    cares....LOL

    sigh. I remember the olden days when the internet wasn't the big mall
    it is today and the BBS was king. Those were the days.

    > Quoting a relevant passage and posting below THAT is what was originally
    > intended, just like I've done here. If I have to scroll more than one page

    That was the way I learned it.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    In alt.cellular.gsm Steven Fisher <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote:
    > In article <VmLEc.80361$Dj3.76970@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>,
    > Email is something different. There, top replies make sense...
    > especially when having a conversation with tech support.

    E-Mail is just like USENET except there are less (usually) involved in
    the conversation. Unfortunately SPAM has just about destroied both of
    them.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.nokia.graphics,alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On 12 Jul 2004 02:34:15 GMT, "Mark E. Daniel" <mark@atarimax.com>
    wrote:

    >In alt.cellular.gsm Steven Fisher <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote:
    >> In article <VmLEc.80361$Dj3.76970@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>,
    >> Email is something different. There, top replies make sense...
    >> especially when having a conversation with tech support.
    >
    >E-Mail is just like USENET except there are less (usually) involved in
    >the conversation. Unfortunately SPAM has just about destroied both of
    >them.

    That and people who don't have a clue how to edit their messages and
    feel that it's the "proper" way to re-quote everything including
    mutliple previous messages and every footer they can find.

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

GSM Mobile