PSU/MMOTHERBOARD PROBLEM

teamplayer

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hi all.
For several days I have been experiencing a verry annoying problem where without knowing what part i should blame, PSU or MB. The problem is that one morning when I turned on my pc I got the asus power surge and cpu overvoltage problem where in the bios I was supprised by the following readings.
Vcore- Reading 1.9v
3V- Reading 5V
5V- Reading 10+V
12V- Reading 24+V

First I tought that if it really was the problem my pc wouldnt power on.(I was still able to play all the games(planetside2 for ex) and everything was cool.
I downgraded the bios and everything went back to normal except for the 12V rail still reading 14-16 volts.
Also checked the PSU voltages on the 24pin and all seamed ok.
I ran a torture test with prime 95 and averything was cool as well.

Could it be a buggy bios (uefi)?
Would buying a new bios chip solve the problem?

Im almost sure its the board problem since my cpu temp is also reading negative 60degrees all the time.

But if it is a software problem I heard that asus will not RMA.

Im at a point where i dont know what to do so any help would be appreciated.

If you need to know my specs are:

i7 2600k @3.6GHz
ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev3.1 ------->Latest uefi
16GB vengeance ram
120 Gb ssd + 2other
Asus radeon hd 6950 2gb
Cooler master silenzio 700w

Thank you.

Sounds like the mobo to me since there are multiple wonky readings.

On a different note, I'd immediately copywrite (trademark?) the term "mmotherboard." You can market some new take on the traditional motherboard targeted at MMO gamers. Maybe something to facilitate muti-boxing...

teamplayer

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Should I 1. RMA(how much and how long will it take)
2. Buy a new board
3. Ignore the problem and keep going.
4. New BIOS chip from ebay.
Perhaps the voltage is fluctuating and thats why the multimeter cant notice the jumps since AC fluctuates/alternates by nature? Not an expert in electronics so i can only assume things.