Pentium G840 Bottleneck?

Hey guys, after much reading or reviews and benchmarks I have decided to purchase the Pentium G840 as there is currently a cracking deal over at novatech, what I am wondering is this - It comes at 2.8ghz but can be overclocked to 2.9ghz, this to me seems to be a bit low and I am curios if this would bottleneck my graphics card, I currently have a HD 5770, But I am going to be upgrading to either a HD 6870 or a GTX 560ti depending on how much money I have, My question is this, would this cpu bottleneck either of these gpu's

Thanks in advance
answers
Last reply
More about pentium g840 bottleneck
  1. Anybody own this cpu?
  2. should be more than enough for that card. that cpu is sandybridge isnt it?
  3. The Intel® Pentium® G840 is one of the 2nd generation Intel Core processor. I would say that this processor wouldn't bottleneck the video card at all. http://ark.intel.com/products/53490/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G840-(3M-Cache-2_80-GHz)

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  4. IntelEnthusiast said:
    The Intel® Pentium® G840 is one of the 2nd generation Intel Core processor. I would say that this processor wouldn't bottleneck the video card at all. http://ark.intel.com/products/53490/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G840-(3M-Cache-2_80-GHz)

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team

What card are you talking about, the gtx 560/hd 6870 or the hd 5770,

Cheers
  5. Cheers mate, In the summer i should have a bit of money and i may upgrade to a 2500k then :D:D:D:D
  6. seumas_beathan said:
    Cheers mate, In the summer i should have a bit of money and i may upgrade to a 2500k then :D:D:D:D

You no your going to need a new 1155sckt motherboard and DDR3 1.5v ram, right ?

Oh and please give a link to the novatech deal as im also UK and always interested in a good deal.
  7. hes already running 1155 if hes using that pentium g840. its their bargainbin sandybridge
  8. In his sig it says he has a core 2 duo.
  9. just find it odd you mention the 1155 board only after he mentions the 2500k when he had mentioned buying a sandybridge processor first thing
  10. neon neophyte said:
    just find it odd you mention the 1155 board only after he mentions the 2500k when he had mentioned buying a sandybridge processor first thing

Because this is when i started to read this thread, haha.
  11. www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/processors/intelpentiumdualcore/Intel/BX80623G840.html#utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products

G840 for 50 pounds
  12. I got the g840 and a gtx460 and i can say that i am not always happy with the performance , but the price is 50 pounds so what do you eexpect ? Most games run good , cod 120+ , sleeping dogs normal but dips to 25 sometimes . Amazing spiderman - high settings and its bad in terms of performance . crysis , well without dx11 playable , bf3 hard to play , unoptimised performance ,protitype2 normal-good , gta 4 normal to bad . Some games freezes for me but i got a lot od processes running but i do turn them off . But it depends if you want casual gaming it does the job done , most games shouldnt give you problems , but maybe slight performance drops etc. i for one am going to get a i5 , cabt wait !
  13. DAMN!

READ THE THREAD DATES!!!!!!
  14. I already did
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Bottleneck Product