I bought an msi 6970

Solution
Well if it wont fit on the inside, mount the fan on the outside. I am not familiar with that case itself, but im sure you can figure out a way to get power to the fan.

Oh and how are you fans set up as far as airflow goes? Intake vs. exhaust fans. That is definitely not my area of expertise, but if something is blaringly wrong I could probably spot it.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Yes you can crossfire them and you shouldnt have any issues with it, you will just have to back the MSI card down to a clock of 900 MHz. This will be pretty simple because you will be able to do it in Catalyst Control Center or in Afterburner, whichever you are most comfortable with.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
You can but im not too sure on how exactly you would do it. You might need to flash the bios on the 6950 in order to crossfire with a 6970 and doing that doesnt always work. Best to just get another 6970 and the clocks arent that much different between your two cards so it wont be a big deal.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Well, the Gigabyte card you linked has good cooling as does this HIS card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161385

I definitely hear you on the heat, if you can it would be worth it to put an extra fan on the side of your case blowing directly onto the GPU. Either that or a stand alone case fan ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119097 ) would help.

Also when you get the two cards, you are going to want to install the MSI card on the bottom so it has more free airflow, this will help is stay cooler since it needs more help than the Gigabyte or HIS cards would.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Well if it wont fit on the inside, mount the fan on the outside. I am not familiar with that case itself, but im sure you can figure out a way to get power to the fan.

Oh and how are you fans set up as far as airflow goes? Intake vs. exhaust fans. That is definitely not my area of expertise, but if something is blaringly wrong I could probably spot it.

Solution

ronakk

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
I guess that would work i would just have to watch cables hitting it thanks for all your Help man hopefully this second Card don't run this hot. Currently the MSI lighting runs at 54C idle at 65% fanspeed and running OCCT with Extreme heat on for 2 hours got up at 78C at 85% fanspeed.