Sign in with
Your question

Building a new rig. Question about price drops?

Last response: in Systems
January 1, 2012 7:04:25 PM

Well i am building my first gaming pc. I got all my componets picked out. Because of the new buisness year will i see a drop in the prices of the componets.

My componets

i5 2500

Gigabyte z68 mobo 129.99 dollars

Seasonic 620w psu nonmodular

8gb (2 x 4gb) corsair vengence ram

EVGA gtx 560ti 2gb

HAF 922

Seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache HDD
January 1, 2012 7:07:46 PM

A new generation of video cards is coming shortly from both makers. The 560 TI price should drop shortly.

That being said, I don't see any reason that most of these things would be reduced in price in January or February.

You are more likely to see deals at crunch time when companies are trying to end their calendar year with strong sales. Most companies use the calendar year for their fiscal year, so most companies would have no reason to cut prices anymore after yesterday.
January 1, 2012 7:12:18 PM

Asrock z68 extreme3 gen3 is a safe bet. I use it and many people recommend it. You should add a little money and buy the 2500k, which is easily overclockable to 4GHz with stock cooler and past 4.5 with an aftermarket one ( CM hyper 212 + ). Everything else looks good to me, except maybe the corsair vengeance RAM. Don't get me wrong, it's very good, but it's way too high. G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb ddr3 1600mhz will be great.
!