Sign in with
Your question

Half laptop, half desktop

Last response: in Systems
January 1, 2012 7:13:09 PM

I was pondering this idea for a while, never really took it seriously, but now my laptop has maybe a month left in it I'm considering it further.

I built a desktop that I've very happy with. I maxed out Crysis on one monitor, WoW on another monitor, while watching 3 movies on the third monitor. After having this, I HATE using my laptop because the thing can barely run wow on the lowest graphics.

I'm a college student so theres a lot of traveling there, plus my parents are divorced so Lots of traveling there, I need a portable computer.

I was thinking about a "Laptop" thats maybe 4 or so inches think. It would essentially have all the parts in it a desktop would, except a different power supply.

Is this feasable? Would it just be a waste of time and I'd be better off buying a more expensive laptop?

Thanks for the help
January 1, 2012 7:20:08 PM

If you want to carry around an ITX computer, basically a HTPC, I guess you could do that.

As long as you were going to have support stuff readily available or if you are prepared to carry the monitor, keyboard, and mouse around with you, etc.
m
l
!