sergeantmoore

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Please give opinions and alternatives for this current setup. Its a gaming rig and i want reliability and max graphics on current games excluding battlefield 3. Deffiantly want swtor on max settings, i am new to building pc's but i want a setup that will allow me to always be able to upgrade. My buget is 1000 dollers. Thank you for your time -EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 --Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge3.4GHz --ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
-CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) -CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified

The best gaming systems usually go up towards the $2500 range, FYI.

$1000 isn't really a max out gaming budget.

Just so you don't get surprised when you get the final result.

I would drop down to a 2500k and use the savings to get a better video card.

sergeantmoore

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

i had an asus g74 for 1100 that could max everygame but i want a desktop so i can save money

You must define "max" differently than I do.

Many benchmarks have shown that current games with 4x AA and 4x TRSSAA can bring even the highest end video cards (580s) to their knees, providing framerates that aren't even in the 40+ range consistently.

That is on SWTOR, an MMORPG. Those aren't usually known for having the highest of the high end graphics requirements, too.

If you mean max with no AA no TRSSAA then that is much easier to accomplish on a budget.

sergeantmoore

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
what would be a good build that could run swtor on max under $1000, and without AA and tessalation, will i tell a huge difference that sets it apart from console gaming still

sergeantmoore

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

so the gpu is more important than the cpu?

If you can wait for a while until the new video cards are released before you get the new computer you can probably get a better video card for the same amount of money.

That being said, if you mean to play with no AA no TRSSAA then a 560 TI might do well enough.

Also, its not that the CPU isn't important, it is that the game can't recognize the difference between the 2500k and the 2600k so there is no good reason to pay extra money to get the 2600k instead of the 2500k. The same money could be used to upgrade other things.

Often the difference in these two processors can be $100 which will buy a SSD which gives a lot of snappy loading times for booting into windows and the loading screens in games, for instance.

A change from a 560 TI to a 570 or 580 might also be able to use the same $100 savings and provide a better FPS everywhere in the game.

It really depends, but the point is that going for the newer processor isn't the best bang for your buck.

sergeantmoore

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

so the other components i chosen couldnt really be any better or at least that much to make a difference. My top priorities shoud be cpu,gpu, and mobo? ive narrowed it down to i5-2500k and the 580, what mobo is really good? should i go with asus p8p67 deluxe or p8z68

Every component is equally important.

A good case goes just as far towards keeping temps down as a dedicated cooler does.

A good case is one of the best investments you can make in the life of all of your computer parts. Moreso, because it doesn't break very often. Usually you can bring the case forward through many builds.

In any event, you can't really say this component is important and that one not.

I would choose a different set of RAM if it was me, but sometimes I pick my battles and I didn't want to go overboard with nit picky details or anything.

I would go with an Asus motherboard and Crucial RAM.

www.lifetimeprogress.net/files/pcplanningguide.doc

The above links to a guide I am in the process of making for this website. I wrote it straight through, but I haven't edited it yet.

Anyway, there are sections about RAM and motherboards that say some important things about them that you might be interested to read.

Maybe you can look inside for some other areas as well like cases.

sergeantmoore

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

ok thank you for the link

TRENDING THREADS