Sign in with
Your question

Using onboard sound, having problems with mic hissing

Last response: in Motherboards
February 19, 2013 11:03:04 PM

Hello,

I am using an Asus P8H77V-LE motherboard and a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset. When I plug in my headset to either the front or back audio ports, my mic is constantly producing a hissing sound. Even though my mic volume is set to 100, it can barely detect my voice. If I increase the microphone boost, the hissing sounds gets really loud and my voice still sounds very low. If I use the updated asus or realtek drivers and check off noise suppression, my mic can barely detect my voice.

The problem is not with my headset because if I mute it, the hissing sound is still there. I've also tried my headset on a 4 year old laptop and I do not get any of this hissing sound.

It's really frustrating because I play team games with my friends a lot and they cannot hear me unless I increase the mic boost, then all they hear is a loud hissing sound on top of my low voice. I've tried using asus, realtek and default windows drivers and this problem does not get fixed. I don't know what to do anymore.
February 24, 2013 6:01:07 AM

Hi just want to updated, I got a replacement at the store and exchanged the P8H77V-LE for a P8Z77V-LK and I still have the same problem. I'm starting to think its my headset but I've only used this for 2 weeks, and 1 week was with my old laptop where I had no hissing problems. If I use my headset on the laptop there is no hissing noise. Anyone know what's causing this?
m
l
Related resources
!