Nvidia GeForce 6200 Turbocache

FrostyJo

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello every, I have a question that may sound really dumb to ask but I was wondering if my geforce 6200 turbocache video card (I know it's old) would work in a PCIe x16 slot. On my older PC (An Acer aspire) It had an orange slot for the video card, the one on the new board has a blue slot.

I had ordered some parts from NCIX and they just arrived a few hours ago and I put them together. I'm on a real tight budget to the only things I bought were an AMD Phenom ii X2 555 BE cpu, one 2 gig stick of ddr3 ram and an MSI 870 G45 mother board. I'm using everything else from my old pc like my keyboard/ mouse, hard drive and a 400w power supply and hopefully my video card.

I put all of the new and old parts together, the video card fit in place perfectly but my computer wouldn't boot up, it has power but it turns out that I need to have at least two of the four slots of ram filled for it to boot. So while I wait for another stick to be delivered I was wondering if I would have to buy another video card too. I was told that even though the card fits in the slot, that it wouldn't work (By someone who considers himself a computer guru). I know more about software then I do about hardware unfortunatly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.