Windows Not recognising Any USB input

Jayrayatt

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
So I have a fresh copy of windows 8 installed yesterday, everything worked fine until I installed Microsoft office.. At the end of the install it asked me to restart, so I did, however on reboot none of my usb devices worked. My mouse and keyboard are both usb so I can't do anything inside of the OS itself..

I've gone through a couple of solving options but nothing seemed to work.

Taken power out left for a couple of minutes and even over night.. Take the mobo battery out, nothing.

Usb devices are picked up in the bios and I'm able to navigate the bios and change settings etc.

USB legacy enabled.. Nothing!

So it makes me thing it's the chipset usb driver gone wrong with the mobo but I don't know how to solve it, I've got all the original mobo disk etc.

Motherboard is ASUS M4A89GTD PRO USB3

I'm kind of desperate as I've got a lot of coursework deadlines next week and now I come to think of it, it was a bad move on my part to upgrade OS

Any suggestions are welcome thanks in advance!

Jayrayatt

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
PROBLEM SOLVED

Issue was cause by Asus Ai Charger programme, which was having an effect on the USB drivers. The programme ran fine on windows 7 ultimate 64bit but it isn't compatible with windows 8 for future reference.

I managed to get an old ps2 keyboard and uninstall the programme, now everything is back to normal!