Sony to lauch legal battle to stop grey imports of PSP

The UK papers are awash of reports of Sony launching legal battles
against many EU retailers selling grey imports of PSP.

Personally, I would like to think they havn't got a legal leg to stand
on (Sony), as because there is obviously surplus PSP in the US (hence
the availability of grey imports), then they should be selling them in
Europe..

Seems it's a problem of their OWN creation.... I just hope the judge
see it's that way.

"Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The UK papers are awash of reports of Sony launching legal battles against
> many EU retailers selling grey imports of PSP.
>
> Personally, I would like to think they havn't got a legal leg to stand on
> (Sony), as because there is obviously surplus PSP in the US (hence the
> availability of grey imports), then they should be selling them in
> Europe..
>
> Seems it's a problem of their OWN creation.... I just hope the judge see
> it's that way.

By the time it makes it to trial, don't you think the PSP would have already
hit Europe?

Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

> By the time it makes it to trial, don't you think the PSP would have already
> hit Europe?

Even then, what's the problem here? Are the US or Japanese PSPs cheaper
than what the European release? Do the US or Japanese versions have
different capabilities? Is Sony Europe really afraid of losing that many
sales to Sony America or Sony Japan?

It's been my experience, that importing something from Japan tends to be
MORE expensive than buying the domestically released version, so that
usually acts as enough of a detterant for most people anyways.