Dell xps 400 video card crapped out

Geldieb

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello,
The video card on my Dell XPS 400 died on me this week. I discovered as I attempted to swap out an old via or pci video card from old computers collecting dust in the closet that I would not be able to Frankenstein the Dell with them because its VGA video card wasn't the same shape somehow.

Anyhow, I have been out of the computer building game for quite a while now, and I need advice on replacement video card that would be likely to fit in the Dell motherboard for the xps 400, a card that is hopefully 100 bucks or less, and one I could potentially pick up from Frys, Best Buy, or CompUSA because I am too impatient to wait for shipping as I have homework problems for class which require the use of Mathmatica and I don't want to have to go all the way up to school this weekend to do my homework, you see. That, and WoW. :)

If you can help, then I promise that, once I invent cold fusion and start making bank, I will buy you a really nice pen set in appreciation.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: As soon as possible

BUDGET RANGE: $100 or under would be nice...maybe $125 max?

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming with WoW, would be nice if I could also play the Mass Effect game which I purchased from Steam unaware that my system could not handle it.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: no idea, but I removed it from the XPS 400 and have it in front of me.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: blah

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: whatever you suggest that is reputable and not too expensive with an okay return policy, though I would prefer brick and mortar to get it tomorrow if possible.

PARTS PREFERENCES: any that is compatible with this Dell motherboard

MONITOR RESOLUTION: dual monitor card would be nice...one is 1024x768 and the other is 1800x1200 I think? Been a while since I changed it.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: none