Size 22W
Resolution 1680 x 1050
Pixel Pitch 0.282 x 0.282
Brightness 300 cd/㎡
Contrast Ratio 3000:1(DFC)
Viewing Angle 170/170(H/V)
Response Time 2ms
Display Colors 16.7M

THe problem is a have color shadows (sometimes green, yellow, red) around textures (chairs, windows) or character models in games, or movies. I have tried the monitor on xfx 8800gts and 7600gt and it has the same effect.????

SenseR

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
Well I notice the same when I play "older" games with different versions of DX.
I the current games I dont encounter that.
I do have other colours then on XP, but we know that hey :ange:

For instance: The old Far Cry gives me your probs too, BF2 doesn't.

Be sure to use the correct screen driver and try and play on settings for XP or older win versions.

Sens his two cents.

Cydex

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I had the same problem.

I use the monitor connected to my PC and my Xbox 360.
It happens on both machines so it cant be drivers on the PC.

I noticed that if you use the monitor in its native 1680x1050 in games it doesn't seem to happen as much. but if i play a game in 1280x1024 and the frame rate gets fast it shows the colour shadows.

The other thing that makes it work is the monitor mode.

If you have the monitor in MOVIE or tEXT mode it is worse as I think the internal chip cant convert the information fast so it colour shadows.

Best setup is run everything at 1680x1050 and set the monitor mode to the Default colour mode. This seems to sort the problem.

This monitor is great for PC Windows Editing and slow stuff but the 2Ms responce time only seems to work when the monitor isn't converting the input to a diferent colour mode. Check the mode using the function buttons at the bottom of the Monitor. I would recommend this monitor if you have two input devices :) What do you expect from a 22" monitor for £200.

Hope that helps.