malachidunn

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
What is the BEST GAMING LAPTOP EVER? I want a laptop that has everything customized with the absolute best attributes and decked out completely. MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE! I am wanting to be able to play the best games for the next IDK say 5-10 years. PLEASE HELP!

You can't even build a desktop to play games 7-10 years from now. Well.. you probably can if you set the graphics to the lowest possible settings and reduce the resolution.

The Radeon 9800 Pro came out in 2003. Try finding a current game that lists it as a minimum requirement. Many games will probably list the Radeon X1800 or X1900XT (which were released in 2005 and 2006) was the minimum requirement.

malachidunn

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

When I say best games for the next 5-10 years, I'm speaking of PC built games like WoW. Not COD and things like that. Could you please disregard the games part and help me find the best laptop to date with the absolute best everything?

Sorry dude, got you beat.

A Falcon Northwest DRX maxed out with all the options, except MS Office 2010, works out to $8,331.

Honestly, I didn't max it out, I just chose things that I personally would choose if I was in that situation, but even if I HAD maxed it out, I'm pretty sure it's wouldn't have been that much. That's eye opening :ouch:

absolutely pointless ask. its pure fantasy that a laptop will last 5 never mind 10 years.
reason?. within 6 months you will have heat issues. most people with laptops are careless about where they use em and often fall asleep with em in the bedroom. which is the dustiest room in the house... so will quickly fill up the vents and fans...
after 2 years you will need new gfx as lappy gfx are on average half or more less powerful than there desktop counterparts... a 560m for instance will barely match a 98gt but a 560gtx will trade blows with a 6870 which is more than x2 the power for very much the same money...
the 560m is considered high end for laptop gaming but as i said it hardly beats a 98gt which is already minimum spec for a lot of todays games.

so no m8 you will be lucky to find a gaming laptop that lasts 3 years never mind 5-10

Dell Alienware M18x - 3.70GHz i7-2960XM costs 3.8k for that i could have a i7 2011 with 2 gtx 680's a huge 500gig ssd and about 6tb of storage... if i went for a desktop...
seriously 4k will get you a serious desktop that will give 4 or more times the gfx grunt of the 580m

TRENDING THREADS