Need help! Graphic performance are lagging

breakthesilents07

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello, I've built my first gaming rig early May of this year. I've been enjoying playing my games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Darksiders, and The Witcher Enhanced Edition. For the past 5 months, my games have run very smoothly but now the framerates are taking dips, the same for every FMV and intro. It's very frustrating.

I tried everything, I defrag my hard drive, update my drivers, and checked for Viruses! Yet the performance of my games is still bad.

My Specs are
Cpu- AMD Phenom IIx4 965 BE stock settings
Gpu- EVGA GTX 560 Ti first gen stock settings
Ram- A-Data Gaming series 6 GB 2x3 at clocked at 1333mhz
HDD- Samsung 1TB
Motherboard- Asrock 890GX xfast
PSU- Corsair TX 750watts
OS- Windows 7 Home Premium 64

What's going on? I really hope it's not my GPU :(

GI_JONES

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006

Are you sure about those memory specs? There is no such thing as a 3gb stick of ram, and if you have 3, 2gb sticks, are you sure it isnt a triple channel kit? AMD motherboards dont support triple channel

breakthesilents07

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Your ram is your first set back.
You should be running dual channel memory not triple channel.
Okay, I removed the extra stick and so far it's only a minor improvement.

For my Gpu, the temps are around 25-30c. My memory clock is set at 2052, processor clocked at 1701 and fan speed is set at Auto.

breakthesilents07

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Yeah, my current games aren't performing well as they should be. I also recently purchased Sonic Generations and the framerate is horrendous while speeding through the levels, but somehow the framerate is smooth when Sonic stops moving during gameplay.

Could it also be a problem with my CPU?

GI_JONES

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Ok, I dont know a lot about this, so to help out the OP, does anyone know, if he has triple channel RAM, in a dual channel system, would it run correctly by taking 1 of the sticks out?.. If you can borrow some dual channel memory that is compatable with your system, you should try it.

breakthesilents07

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

I've taken out the extra stick, yet the performance is still the same :/