Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does this server motherboard use a standard EPS 12V 20 pin connector?

Last response: in Components
April 12, 2012 5:03:29 AM

http://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/results.cfm

This is a link to the manual for the SuperMicro X7DWT motherboard in question. On 2-14 it gives a layout of the proper 20 pin motherboard cable layout. It says the connectors meet the eps 12v specification but then describes them as proprietary PWR connectors. Does this needs a special pin layout or does it follow the eps 12v power supply standard that are commonly used for desktops?
April 12, 2012 5:05:25 AM

Sorry, the link doesn't go to the motherboard manuel. X7DWT is the model, the link to the its pdf manuel is toward the bottom of the page.
a c 115 ) Power supply
a c 146 V Motherboard
April 14, 2012 5:09:22 PM

Holy Moly!
That motherboard does have a proprietry pinout on the 20pin connector. The manual shows you how to repin the connectors, but I found it to be somewhat confusing. I'm sure there are those around that would find sense in it... I just got confused (probably by the cable mess the manual was showing)
Related resources
April 14, 2012 8:12:36 PM

Thanks for the reply. I got some advise from a modding forum dealing with the SuperMicro X7DWT motherboard. The board is compatible with the standard ESP 12v power supplies but it requires to repining for you to no kill the board. Luckily I had a extension add on for both the 8 pin cpu cable and 24 pin motherboard cable to repin so I didn't have to butcher my power supply and void its warranty.
April 14, 2012 8:15:12 PM

For anyone who is going to repin their cable you only need 6 12v yellow wires from cpu 8pin power cable and the 24 pin motherboard cable. PCI express yellow wires are not compatable since they do not supply the same amount of amperage. Even though the manual shows 8 12v pins they aren't necessary since 6 can safely supply enough amperage.

Best solution

a c 115 ) Power supply
a c 146 V Motherboard
April 14, 2012 10:20:13 PM

Phyrexiancure said:
Thanks for the reply. I got some advise from a modding forum dealing with the SuperMicro X7DWT motherboard. The board is compatible with the standard ESP 12v power supplies but it requires to repining for you to no kill the board. Luckily I had a extension add on for the 24 pin power cable to repin so I didn't have to butcher my power supply and void its warranty.

Very nice, I didn't even consider the warranty thing... or repinning an extension (great idea)
I'd vote yours as best answer... lol
April 15, 2012 8:38:20 PM

C12Friedman said:
Very nice, I didn't even consider the warranty thing... or repinning an extension (great idea)
I'd vote yours as best answer... lol

your suggesting that may own answer should be chosen as the best is the best answer lol.
April 15, 2012 8:38:39 PM

Best answer selected by phyrexiancure.
!