FSP vs SuperFlower ?! need answer in 30min if possible!! :)

sinsa

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
hi guys/girls

just about to pull the trigger on a psu.

what would you say is best out of the following (please dont reccomend others as i need to buy from this store and its the best they have):

FSP 600-80APN
http://xtmpc.com/product/productView.php?cate_c1=2&cate_c2=20&cate_c3=&cate_c4=&nDepth=2&nFirst=4&nSecond=8&nThird=&nForth=&sSearchMethod=p.prod_n&sSearchString=fsp&sOrderType=5&nPage=1&nListPerScreen=20&sCateSearch=&sMakerSearch=&listType=&&nProdCode=1173263

vs

SuperFlower SF-600P12A
http://xtmpc.com/product/productView.php?cate_c1=&cate_c2=&cate_c3=&cate_c4=&nDepth=&nFirst=&nSecond=&nThird=&nForth=&sSearchMethod=all&sSearchString=superflower&sOrderType=5&nPage=1&nListPerScreen=20&listType=&nProdCode=1270420

would really appreciate a quick reply so i can buy today.. packaging deadline is in 30mins!

cheers!

Solution
Hello sinsa;

Either one would be good.

But I'm liking the features and spec sheet of the Superflower.
It's got a few more Amps on the +12V rail too so it's a bit more powerful than the FSP.
And it has dual 6+2 and dual 6pin PCI-e power adapters for your graphics card(s).
Hello sinsa;

Either one would be good.

But I'm liking the features and spec sheet of the Superflower.
It's got a few more Amps on the +12V rail too so it's a bit more powerful than the FSP.
And it has dual 6+2 and dual 6pin PCI-e power adapters for your graphics card(s).

Solution

sinsa

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
great! i was leaning towards the superflower myself!

i was going to put in a cheapo 450watt psu but i got cold feet after unpacking it. - this rig is supposed to be as stable as possible afterall.

many thanks for the reply! very much appreciated :)

have just ordered the superflower which should be with me tomorrow morning - exciting!

sinsa

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
a (slightly unbalanced) office/occasional gaming when the girlfriend is out rig :ange:

superflower SF-600P12A :love:
asrock h61m-dgs
intel i3 2120 3.3GHz
8gb (2x4gb) g.skill ripjaws x ddr3-1600 pc3-12800
MSI R HD 6850 cyclone 1GB ddr5 power edition
samsung spinpoint f3/f4 1TB (HD103SM - korean market? benchmarks very well for a hdd)
pioneer 219BLK dvd-rw combo drive
gigabyte gz-h08 case (lite version without the led lights in the front - needed something cleanish for the office and most cases available in korea are very flashy!)

i realise my system is quite 'humble' with no room for expansion etc. but this system will likely be relegated to a secondary work computer (office and light photoshop/illustrator work) after summer.

im hoping to do a nice 3770k build to replace it (after summer!) as our main rig - but only if work goes smoothly in the coming months ;)

i wanted to give some time to z77 and ivybridge to iron out any issues before i spent big money on a megasystem... i run a small business with my missus' and cant afford to splurge cash too far in the wrong direction. my main concerns are stability and real-world value for money.

again many thanks for the opinions so far. very much appreciated! - can you see any faux pas i've committed in the build so far?

cheers!

Yes their Golden Green platform in particular is top notch. I could list dozens of reviews for SF GG based units only one of which would be more negative than positive.

Why wouldn't you trust units with 'high values' on the 3.3V and 5V rail?
I could probably list a dozen units which are high quality, reliable etc and have those kind of figures on the minor rails.

Add Kingwin Lazer Gold and Lazer Platinum series, Sentey Golden Steel Power and Platinum Power series.

See above and I don't think Super Flower sells a single unit currently which they themselves have not made.