Your question

ASUS P8Z68-V LX DRAM LED Flashing Red

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • LED Monitor
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
February 20, 2013 11:04:29 AM

Okay, so recently I ordered the ASUS P8Z68-V LX Motherboard and installed it into my case. Everything fits, everything's fine. I have gone through the manual and everything is plugged in properly, no problems there. However, when I turn the PC on, the system fan spins, the PSU fan spins, and my GPU fan spins. The processor fan twitches a tiny bit and the DRAM LED MEM OK thing is flashing red. It flashes a couple times, then the system automatically reboots itself and does it again.

If I take the installed RAM out, all of the fans spin properly and the system boots up, however there is no display on the monitor because there is no RAM.

I have looked this up, checked many different sites and tried many different solutions. I will go through the things that I have already tried :

Plugging in a RAM stick from my working PC
Doing that jumper thing (clear RTC RAM CLRTC) or whatever
I have tried removing the battery for minutes at a time and trying again
I have tried unplugging the computer, removing the battery, and doing the jumper thing and leaving it that way for 10 minutes
I have tried letting the computer run, because the manual says something about trying different failsafes. I have let it run for a good 10 minutes until I realized nothing was changing.
I can't figure out the problem. I will list what I have in the PC :

Intel Core i7 3770 (3rd Gen) 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I73770) Processor

1 x CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B

Using THIS case :  U:US:3160#ht_2772wt_1139" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2908...

The HDD i'm using is from my other PC because I haven't ordered a new one yet. I don't think that it matters but if it does..
I took the HDD from this piece of crap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-108-...

Help would be GREATLY appreciated because i've already put at least $600 into this thing and it's not even working.

More about : asus p8z68 dram led flashing red

February 20, 2013 11:12:11 PM

legendkiller said:
Put the "RAM" on the "second slot" closest to CPU
This guy showed an example and start the video at 3:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odT5hrljdDM

I have already tried this, i've tried putting the RAM in every slot available. Same problem persists.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b V Motherboard
February 21, 2013 10:30:08 AM

only thing I can say is that you got a dead RAM... you should RMA it if possible and also you should get 2x4GB ram instead a single 1x8GB ram(IF your not planning to upgrade)...
m
l
February 21, 2013 11:53:11 PM

legendkiller said:
only thing I can say is that you got a dead RAM... you should RMA it if possible and also you should get 2x4GB ram instead a single 1x8GB ram(IF your not planning to upgrade)...

I actually only have 1 stick of a 4GB RAM. And I guess I could try ordering a new RAM stick at some point, but I have tried the working RAM out of this computer that i'm using now and it did the same thing.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 1:50:12 AM

just replace motherboard, solves things quicker if it's not something else...
m
l