I'm new at the comunity and I would like (as fast as possible, please) to know if i'm doing the right choices:
- ATI XFX HD5970 Black Edition 2GB GDDR5 (already have it)
- Intel i7 2600K (going to buy it)
- 64BIT HD sata 2TB Seagate 64Bit (already have it)
- ASUS P8Z68-V pro (going to buy it)
- Kingston's 2GB ram DDR3 666MHZ X2= 4GB (already have it)
- Font: XFX 800W Black Edition (already have it)
I have a AMD Athlon Dual 64 2,9ghz on my motherboard, do I realy need to upgrade to the motherboard i wrote up there? And what about the ram, is there any upgrade needed?
The GPU is very good. the I7 2600k is very good, the 2 TB hdd is good , the mobo can support the i7 nicely. you need another 2gb of ram though if you going to play games you need to have 4gb or more.
and if you are trying to use amd on an Intel board it wont you have to upgrade to that board.
I hope that helps
(watch somebody criticize my reply just to make me look bad)
For video editing go with the 2600K. You will NEED a new motherboard - I've got the V-Pro and it's been great for me, but you could save $100 by going for something like the AsRock Z68 Extreme3 instead.
What's going on with that ram of yours? 4gb of DDR3 666? You might want to check that speed, but either way you'll probably want to buy new ram that runs at 1.5v (I'd bet yours runs at at least 1.65v, which might damage your 2600K in the long run).