A990FXM-A Deluxe Standby Light

huskerphil

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Ok, so I have an ECS A990FXM-A Deluxe motheboard. On the board is a power button and a standby light that are normally lit up when I plug in power. I noticed a strange issue when I was done doing my cable management. My standby light/power light are no longer on when I connect power. But my computer still boots up just fine. I re-seated both my 8 pin and 24 pin connections, but that didn't help. Any ideas as to what is going on here???

Solution
In the Power Management Setup I see 2 related settings: EUP Function (it says it's enabled by default) - try disabling it and see if still the same.
The other one is Power LED type (the default one is dual color led).

huskerphil

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Thanks alexoiu. The lights on the case work fine. I'm talking about the lights on the actual motherboard. It boots up fine, but when shut down there are no lights lit up on my motherboard.

huskerphil

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Ah yes, I did change some settings in my BIOS and flashed it to the newest version. Think that might be the cause? Not sure which setting it would be though.

huskerphil

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I will check those settings. Thanks!

huskerphil

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

The EUP setting was it! Thank you alexoiu.

Kris Czerniawski

Honorable
May 4, 2013

How to flash BIOS on A990FXM-A Delux ??? My mobo still under warranty, come up with B2 error. Was send to ALTECH for fix. It come back - now it does not start BIOS. Made bootable CD but it will not read it, it spins CD foe ever. By the way CD works on other Intel machine.
So far can not get any answers even from ECS. Looks like the mobo is good for rubbish bin only .... pity, it worked nice with FX8150 CPU.

ky_ecsusa

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Unfortunately, customers can't flash the BIOS without post. In addition, bootable CD can't flash the BIOS. Either bootable floppy disk or bootable USB thumb drive can flash the BIOS with post. If you still believe your motherboard is under warranty, feel free to contact us.

510-226-7333 Option 6
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time

Kris Czerniawski

Honorable
May 4, 2013

On invoice date is 26 July 2012 - So it is under warranty. Purchased in Sydney, Australia.
Serial number is Y38101J14400070.
It has been send to ALTECH - company from Singapore that suppose to be ECS authorised sales/service here in Sydney because error code B2. After "repairs" it does not work any longer - it can not start post.
I can not get replacement nor refund in Australia. ALTECH replay that they can not do BIOS repairs - so much for authorised service help.
On mobo numbers are: (barcode) - How to email photo of it to you ???
Y38101 20
EA=1078D233B419
1078D204F81C
For me looks like the mobo that I bought/sent for repairs has different serial number. Can you verify it ???? Possible that ALTECH made mistake ??

Kind regards .... Kris

Kris Czerniawski

Honorable
May 4, 2013

This is not funny, can you believe the original problem with mother board/BIOS was caused by something shorting pins on the CPU chip.

I got BIOS flashed last friday at ALTECH, pout the system together .... and would no go to BIOS. Change PSU, check cables, resettle memory, nothing worked.
Unplug CPU and look at the pins. Could not see any problems. Took "crack inspector" - like hand held microscope with a special light, is used to inspect metal components for cracks.
This is one in millions chance - I found some kind of dust speckle on side of CPU chip that was between two pins - remove it, put CPU back ... and hurray .... system works. The piece of dust/something must have been conductive so it was shorting or caused leakage between pins.

The BIOS version 1.0.0.30 - now another problem:
It does not report devices in PCI sockets, not loading devices BIOS extensions. Original BIOS as supplied with mobo was detecting SCSI and ATI Radeon XFX HD 6950 graphics card. SCSI is important for me as it was driving 15000 rpm low latency system disk and SCSI tape drive - film files and 3D anim can be several TBytes big so the tapes are only possible means to handle huge amounts of data.
The graphics card works (Linux OS) with ATI original driver but I did not test it for possible full capability yet.

It is possible that original problem B2 error was caused by dust I said above - simply do not know when and how could got in there.
May bee flashing with another BIOS version will solve problem. By the way I also flashed BIOS ( same version as used by ALTECH) using USB stick with no problems.
Could you advice please.

jouleblu

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014
Try putting memory in slots 1 and 3, or moving them around to non preferred slots per user manual. Their use of english in this case is poor in that they dont understand the nuance of the language.