Gtx 580 SLI temperature

mmarasco

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hi everyone!

Just a question regarding the gigabyte gtx 580 super overclock edition temperatures. I have two of them slotted in my HAF X case, working on getting another exhaust fan on the top but I doubt it'll help too much with the cards...

Basically my top card is running at a crispy hot 90-92 degrees in games under max load whilst the other is at 70s-80s. I'm just concerned if the temperatures are too hot? Or are these temperatures fine?

These graphic cards are fitted with 3x windforce cooling and everywhere I go most people are able to achieve 70c at highest temp.

Do these temperatures sound fine? Or should I start worrying...I coudl replace the HAF x default side fan (which seems to have very little effect on the cards) with another and make it as an exhaust fan to get rid of all that heat.

Cheers

mmarasco

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

Ive recorded through MSI Afterburner and the fans are set to 100% in game. But the temperatures still steadily rise to 90c

mmarasco

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
They're spaced out, installed on the g1.sniper2

If anything I would have thought the second gpu would be getting hotter because the top gpu is dumping all the heat below.