Will this Gigabyte board work with Windows 8?

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Hello

I would like to know if this Gigabyte board the GA-G33-DS3R mb will work with Windows 8.

I checked Gigabyte's website but it doesn't list Windows 8 for any of it's drivers. It has drivers for Windows 7.

Does this mean that I cannot install Windows 8 on this computer?

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008

ok

but I have to decide soon as to keep this mb or not. My Dell XPS420 died so I bought a mb and am buying a new case and plan to transfer everything over to the new case and mb but I wanted to buy Windows 8. Now it looks like I will have to buy Windows 7 but that is expensive.

So I have to decide weither to keep this set up or return the mb(I bought it used) and make a new set up with Windows 8 or buy Windows 7 which is expensive.

I only have about 400 to 500 dollars to spend on this computer. But need something fast so I can take my college classes online.

What do you think?

Since the 3 series boards have been discontinued for so long I wouldnt count on getting Windows 8 support on it. We have have not released Windows 8 drivers for any of our boards. As a matter of fact we dont have drivers for Windows 8 until you reach the 5 series chipset.

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008

So that means it won't work?

The Windows 7 pack I would buy would be the Ultimate because I need the language pack. That's 180 dollars.