Closed Solved

THE WINDOWS EXPERIENCE INDEX

HI dears,

does any one knows that how can i get help from THE WINDOWS EXPERIENCE INDEX of windows 7? especially regarding to the BASE SCORES for games.

thanks in advance.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows experience index
  1. Best answer
    The WEI is completely useless for u to determine a performance of your PC.

    Ever wonder how a PC you own—or want to buy—stacks up against others? The Windows Experience Index is one way to find out.

    This feature, updated for Windows 7, rates the performance of key hardware components such as the CPU, disk drive, and graphics card. The PC is then given a score between 1.0 and 7.9.

    When you're shopping for a new PC, the Windows Experience Index can help you find the model that suits your needs. Scoring a PC you already own can help pinpoint slower components worth upgrading. A PC with a score of 2 is typically sufficient for basic tasks like word processing or web browsing. Running the Aero desktop experience requires at least a 3, while graphics–intensive software frequently requires a 4 or higher.


    ---------------------

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-experience-index
  2. So, do u still need this?

  3. It doesn't matter how fast your computer is, if you have a mechanical HDD and not a SSD, your score is going to be 5.9, so don't worry about the score.

    Your computer can be a 5.9 and still smoke a 7.9 computer in gaming.
  4. geekapproved said:
    It doesn't matter how fast your computer is, if you have a mechanical HDD and not a SSD, your score is going to be 5.9, so don't worry about the score.

    Your computer can be a 5.9 and still smoke a 7.9 computer in gaming.

    Exactly!
  5. nikorr said:
    The WEI is completely useless for u to determine a performance of your PC.

    Ever wonder how a PC you own—or want to buy—stacks up against others? The Windows Experience Index is one way to find out.

    This feature, updated for Windows 7, rates the performance of key hardware components such as the CPU, disk drive, and graphics card. The PC is then given a score between 1.0 and 7.9.

    When you're shopping for a new PC, the Windows Experience Index can help you find the model that suits your needs. Scoring a PC you already own can help pinpoint slower components worth upgrading. A PC with a score of 2 is typically sufficient for basic tasks like word processing or web browsing. Running the Aero desktop experience requires at least a 3, while graphics–intensive software frequently requires a 4 or higher.


    ---------------------

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-experience-index


    mmm, it means i should not be serious for WEI,
    thanks.
  6. adn23 said:
    mmm, it means i should not be serious for WEI,
    thanks.

    Exactly.
  7. geekapproved said:
    It doesn't matter how fast your computer is, if you have a mechanical HDD and not a SSD, your score is going to be 5.9, so don't worry about the score.

    Your computer can be a 5.9 and still smoke a 7.9 computer in gaming.


    i m pleased to know that its not big matter,

    thanks.
  8. Best answer selected by adn23.
  9. Thanx for the vote adn23 !
  10. This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Games