Sign in with
Your question

Help choosing graphics card.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 4, 2011 1:30:04 PM

so i have about $350 to spend on a graphics card, i dont plan to overclock or anything. i was looking at either an asus gtx 570 with the dcuii or 2 ati 6870's under crossfire. i cant really go very much over 350 maybe like 370 or so.
if theres any other card(s) i should get please let me know! thank you in advance.

More about : choosing graphics card

a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2011 1:45:37 PM

First, what power supply and other hardware do you have?
m
l
November 4, 2011 1:49:55 PM

ulillillia said:
First, what power supply and other hardware do you have?

ok, i have an ASRock p67 extreme4 gen3 mobo, i5 2500k, corrsair vengeance 8gb ddr3 CL 9 1600Mhz ram, 60gb ocz vertex 3 ssd and 750watt pc power and cooling MKii psu. haha, i have a problem, thats a pretty good computer and i already want to upgrade...
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2011 1:50:10 PM

Also, what case do you have? The Asus 570 DCII is a 3 slot monster, you should check if your case is long enough to house the card. Are you planning on sli-ing that thing??

I would suggest the msi 570 forz III witch is priced lower or on par with the ASUS but beats every other card sound wise and cooling wise. It also has an awesome overclock and can be overclocked even further.
m
l
November 4, 2011 1:54:54 PM

psyxix said:
Also, what case do you have? The Asus 570 DCII is a 3 slot monster, you should check if your case is long enough to house the card. Are you planning on sli-ing that thing??

I would suggest the msi 570 forz III witch is priced lower or on par with the ASUS but beats every other card sound wise and cooling wise. It also has an awesome overclock and can be overclocked even further.

yeah with my case i am able to sli with the asus card. ive always been a pretty big fan of asus. my old laptop came broken, i called asus and returned it and they upgraded me to one that was like $200-300 more than what i had bought. just cant stand the asus smart doctor though..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2011 1:59:04 PM

If you're happy with ASUS... by all means, go with ASUS. That card is part of the best gtx 570 out there... the drawback is the huge cooling solution taking up 3 slots and leaving little space for the 2nd card if you sli it.
m
l
November 4, 2011 3:23:50 PM

psyxix said:
If you're happy with ASUS... by all means, go with ASUS. That card is part of the best gtx 570 out there... the drawback is the huge cooling solution taking up 3 slots and leaving little space for the 2nd card if you sli it.

yeah, but i was wondering if 2 6870's would have better performance
m
l
!