Bad Ethernet Port? ASRock z77 [Extreme 4]

I just build a new gaming PC. Install went great, I now have windows 7 installed and transfered over steam and all my files. The next step is to hook it up to the internet. It didn't work at first, but then I was thinking and I though I should run the disk that came in the box of my router [Netgear Dual Band Router]. It will let the two comunicate together, and everything will be happy, and work.

I put in the disk, hit run, clicked setup, and then it said to connect it to the ethernet cable. I did that and hit retry. Same pop up occoured. Unplugged, retried. Same thing.

So, is my ethernet port on my motherboard bad? If you dont think so, then what should I do to connect to the internet? Also, have you ever heard of a bad ethernet port?

PC Specs-
ASRock z77 Extreme 4
Intel i5 3570k
nVidia GTX 550ti (Next upgrade, after I connect to internet)
8gb 1333mhz Generic RAM.
500w PSU
Cheap-O ThermalTake Case

I dont know if any of that stuff matters, but if it does then its here for you.
Thank you!
2 answers Last reply
More about ethernet port asrock extreme
  1. Did you install the motherboard drivers? New motherboards usually come with a drivers disc. Have you checked Device Manager to see if there are any problems (usually flagged with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle)?
  2. You need to install the drivers for the Broadcom BCM57781 chipset that your motherboard uses for Ethernet. Until you do that nothing you try otherwise will show an internet connection.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Ethernet Card