Sign in with
Your question

Xgamer + Klipsch + Dreamcast = No rear sound?

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
February 22, 2001 4:15:15 PM

Hey,

I have a really weard speaker prob. When I hook My DC to the line in on my Sblive Xgamer 5.1, I can hear sounds from the front channel properly, but the rear speakers are silent (Klipsch promedia v.2-400). This, of course, does not occur when playing Games and Etc on my pc, only happens with the Dc and line in. Any Ideas?

<i>Nascar racing is one of the few sports where spectators routinely die</i>
Anonymous
February 22, 2001 8:21:57 PM

Cmon guys? Some help here please?

Anonymous
February 23, 2001 6:25:48 AM

Notice the connector on your line-in jack. It has three metal bands. One connects the left channel, another the right, and the third is a common ground point.

This means that you can only send a sterio signal to your computer, which is being sent to your front speakers. Some systems can simulate the surround experience (such as the Phillips Acoustic Edge), which extract portions of the sterio signal and send them to the rear speakers.

However, the creative card usually only replicates the sterio signal to the back speakers, which is essentially a duplicate "copy" of the sterio image. If you had an amp that supports Dolby Prologic, I would recomend connecting your Dreamcast directly to it. This way you could get those cool surround effects.
Anonymous
February 23, 2001 12:46:00 PM

Thanks for the Advice. I actually Found a wierd work around. If I set the record volume on (Creative mixer) and set it to record Line in, then i hear sound from the rear speakers. Its still only stereo (of course) But the Klipsch Simulated surround makes it sound pretty good. Appreciate the advice though

!