avi to kodak .mov

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 8, 2005 7:53:47 AM

I am trying to do something that is maybe in reverse to many. I would
like to convert avi to kodak mov. I have quicktime. I have tried a
conversion by matching the video properties from a vid taken with the
camera. The video encoded fine but when I transfered it from my
computer to the 1gig sd. and put it back in the camera for viewing it
said unrecognized format. Is the kodak producing true quicktime? If
anyone has done this could you pleez let me know the encoding
configuration or header requirements. Thanks

More about : avi kodak mov

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 1:29:46 PM

WW wrote:
> I am trying to do something that is maybe in reverse to many. I would
> like to convert avi to kodak mov. I have quicktime. I have tried a
> conversion by matching the video properties from a vid taken with the
> camera. The video encoded fine but when I transfered it from my
> computer to the 1gig sd. and put it back in the camera for viewing it
> said unrecognized format. Is the kodak producing true quicktime? If
> anyone has done this could you pleez let me know the encoding
> configuration or header requirements. Thanks

Cameras often play ONLY their specific format with their specific
headers. They are written to expect that header, and no other. You
will find the same situation with many programs that produce JPEG files
that most cameras can't handle.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

Greetings WW,

Not sure you can do that WW if you are using a Kodak camera. Actually, the
QuickTime MOV is an industry-standard format used by many digital
still-picture camera manufacturers. As with the JPEG format that is used for
still images (the primary purpose of EasyShare cameras), the QuickTime MOV
format provides a video capture file that can be used on most computer
operating systems and platforms.

Kodak EasyShare digital cameras include the free QuickTime Player software.
If you're interested in more sophisticated editing capabilities, there are
many MOV editors available from several companies. I think Apple gets around
$25 or so for an upgraded version that lets you edit and export the MOV to
other formats.

If you change a Kodak image file header, the file will not likely work in
your camera any longer.

Talk to you soon, WW, let me know if have any other questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

!