Sign in with
Your question

New gaming rig, before i buy it all completely

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
January 2, 2012 11:39:25 AM

Hi i would like to ask if i would be having any problem with this set up like bottleneck or any other sort?

Processor: Intel i7 2600K (i really wanted this, i don't plan on going for the 3960x or something)
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
Video Card: MSi N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition (3gb) 2-way SLI with Physx
MSi N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC (as my Physx)
RAM: G.SKILL Sniper 16gb (4x4gb)
Solid Slate Drive: OCZ Vertex3 120GB SATA3 6gb/s (x2)
Hard Disk Drive: Western Digital 2TB SATA3 6gb/s 7200RPM (x3)
Power Supply: Corsair AX1200Watts - 80PLUS Gold
Chassis: Thermaltake Level 10 GT or Corsair 800D
going for huge monitor, 3 or 4

i checked the store and they have all on stock and before i buy them. im not new to computer but this is my 1st time building one from scratch, and i need to make sure if all of them are compatible too as a double check, i am really fixated on the MSi N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition and the Intel i7 2600k (hoping it can take that). also going to use a Windows 7 Ultimate full product 64-bit

1- if i run 2-way SLI GTX580 LXE will i be having any bottleneck or 2-way SLI with Physx 560 TI?
2- my mobo listed above has 4 slots for ram is it alright if i take all slots?
3- will my PSU handle 2-way SLI 580LXE with 560TI Physx? I know that Corsair is a good brand and 1200W Psu should be able to handle many stuff but i still need the knowledge people here at toms have.
4- will i be having any problem?

there won't be any problems about the budget but i'm really fixated about MSi N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition (3GB) on 2-way SLI + Physx and the Intel i7 2600k is the one i like hoping it can take all that

More about : gaming rig buy completely

a b B Homebuilt system
January 2, 2012 11:56:30 AM

Be sure to test the board on the cardboard box it came in or a wood bareboard before you mount it in the case. Use just the cpu/heatsink, ram, keyboard, and onboard video (add the video card later). Keep the power supply out of the case for the test, so the leads will reach the board easier. When the 24 pin and 4 or 8 pin 12v leads connected from the ps, touch the case cluster with a screwdriver and move it around gently until it fires up. Also be sure the toggle switch on the back of the ps is on. If it posts, set the boot order with dvd first, save and exit. If it won't post, try just one stick of ram in dimm slot one. After you verify the setup works, then install the backplate, next the motherboard with all ram installed, then the power supply or hardrives, depending on the hardrive cage design. Can't tell you about sli; never used it. For potential bottlenecks, list your favorite games and expected frame rates.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 2, 2012 12:02:12 PM

thank you for the fast reply, well for the games i plan to play, Metro 2033, battlefield 3, COD black ops, COD MW3, Starcraft 2, GTA V or IV, the new batman thingy, Crysis 1 and 2.

i'm expecting a 80-120 FPS or so using 2-way SLI 580 3gb, with 3 or 4 huge monitors

edit: is it possible to go 2-way SLI GTX580 LXE + GTX580 LXE for dedicated physx?
m
l
!