Cant change anything in bios, or the PC will not boot

Edszx

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
My mobo is a Asrock Alive NF6P-VSTA

i had an AMD anthlon 64 x2 4200+ but i upgraded to a 4600+

Now, if i try to change something in the bios config (For example, make HDD the first boot device, or some other stupid and not OC related thing) the pc will not boot (nothing in the screen, hdd activity led not turned on) until i reset it via the "reset" button 3 times (yeah actually, it boots everytime after the third reboot), can someone help me to make it normal again? i hate to use "default configs" in bios, but is the only way to make it boot every time.

Thanks. [:edszx:9]

Edszx

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

If for "check" you mean that if i know if the bios version is compatible, yes, it is, is the newest bios for my Mobo, i don't think downgrading will help, also i tried to reset CMOS via mobo jumpers, and that didn't solved it either.

Edszx

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Yeah, my hdd is on port 1, but i don't think the problem is hdd related, because i cant change anything (even usb legacy), it seems that the processor is not "officially" compatible with the mobo, that seems unrelevant to me, bios detect it correctly and windows 7 too.

Thanks.

Edszx

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

You should know that it doesn't really matters, windows 7 can use most of the vista drivers, i have W7 since like 6 months (before changing the cpu) ago without problems.

Edszx

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

No bios BEEP codes, also, i just checked the complete faq, and it doesn't says anything related.

Thanks again. [:edszx:8]

Edszx

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

My god, i don't want to do that, ill have to reaply thermal compound, and removing that heatsink is a real pain...