Computer won't turn on!!

Fixx_11

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Hello,
I got home today to find my computer wouldn't turn on.
I looked inside and noticed a blink when I hit the power button, but that was all.
I tried installing another PSU and it didn't work. When I put everything back it miraculously turned on! I then tried to hook up the monitor but I was not getting a signal, so i looked inside again and noticed that I did not plug the peripheral 4 pin connector in.
After a couple of tests I have confirmed this to be the problem. Does this mean my motherboard is fried?

Fixx_11

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
The 'peripheral' connector is specifically from the PSU to the usb and monitors on the motherboard itself... ( i realize now they seem to be 6-pin)

I'm assuming the video card that is on the motherboard, which is an ASRock G31 M-S
Maybe running a tv off of it instead of just from the external video card had fried it?

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

How do you know specifically that your mobo is fried ? Be sure to draw all the power out of your PC....all those unnecessary static charges create a lot of problem sometimes provided all other parts are connected well .Pull the power cable out of the back of the PSU and press and hold the power button for 1 min or so. Reconnect it and see. Hoping that in checking your PC you have not added some extra problems. :D

Fixx_11

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Do this with everything plugged in? Or remove the PSU completely and do this?
Then reconnect and try again?

I wasn't being very careful when I found what the issue was, there is great possibility other things may be broken now

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Then it could be problem. Just take out the main power cable out of the psu - hold the power button for 1 min...put it back and try