I3 2100 vs fx 4100 vs phenom ii x4 955 BE

my first thread was too short and it got deleted so to make it long, i typed this. Now to my question, which of these processors is better? i want to play games like modern warfare 3 and also in the future i might do some animation. I want to know which processor is best of these three in terms of overall performance. hopes for many replies. thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about 2100 4100 phenom
  1. The 955 BE is probably the best for overall performance giving the best of everything. You get 4 cores for things that can use it and it doesn't lose much in gaming performance to the i3. It can be OC'ed which is decent.

The i3 offers a good upgrade path to i5s and i7s as well as ivybridge if you buy a motherboard that supports ivy and consumes little power. It has good Gaming performance but does lack 4 physical cores.

the FX4100 is ussually cheaper and is able to really OC, its performance at stock is relatively poor but OC'ed its ok for its price. It has 2 modules which are basically 4 cores and does give pretty decent multi threaded performance.
  2. i don't really want to OC since i don't have a decent cooler.
  3. Get the i3 if you don't want to OC.
  4. mykebrian said:
    i don't really want to OC since i don't have a decent cooler.
    what you need to do is grab a FX6300 as its 15 bucks less than an i3 yet better than the FX4100 thanks to 2 xtra cores
  5. Mi7agent1 said:
    mykebrian said:
    i don't really want to OC since i don't have a decent cooler.
    what you need to do is grab a FX6300 as its 15 bucks less than an i3 yet better than the FX4100 thanks to 2 xtra cores

Agreed.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Phenom