GTA-Vice City...RC Helicopter Building Help & Courier In M..

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

GTA-Vice City.

I'm trying to plant the four bombs in the building structure and finish in
the venture in time. So far I've set only two bombs before I get whacked
by the workers and run out of time.

What can I do to help get through this nerve wracking mess please?

I found a button cheat to slow down time but haven't tried it yet. I
looked for but didn't find any cheat to skip the particular task and move
on with the next--is there anything like this?

In a parallel pizza quest I'm to get some information off a courier who I
meet at the mall...but he runs off when the baddies show. Is the only
object now to catch and run down the courier or am I suppose to stop him
alive somehow?

The game is tough enough for me because I don't like to play things over
and over and over again when I don't fully understand what my objective is.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Bob@no.invalid wrote:

> GTA-Vice City.
>
> I'm trying to plant the four bombs in the building structure and finish in
> the venture in time. So far I've set only two bombs before I get whacked
> by the workers and run out of time.
>
> What can I do to help get through this nerve wracking mess please?
>
> I found a button cheat to slow down time but haven't tried it yet. I
> looked for but didn't find any cheat to skip the particular task and move
> on with the next--is there anything like this?

You don't need to slow down, well, more than slowing down your own
skills :O) You have to learn to fly the copter gently, to use the
shoulder buttons to turn it and one or two little things. Firstly
start at the bottom. I always started from the top until someone
pointed out that on the last journey you only have to get to the drop
off, and not back, so it might aswell be the longest. Try to relax
and, best of all, you can use the copter as a weapon, if you learn to
tilt forward without crashing into the ground you simply fly with the
blades aimed at the bad guys. This mission was one of those hated ones
until I learned how to fly copters, now it's a pleasure.

> In a parallel pizza quest I'm to get some information off a courier who I
> meet at the mall...but he runs off when the baddies show. Is the only
> object now to catch and run down the courier or am I suppose to stop him
> alive somehow?
>
> The game is tough enough for me because I don't like to play things over
> and over and over again when I don't fully understand what my objective is.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Bob

This one's simple(ish). I don't even bother with the cut scene when I
get to the top of the escalators where the guy is waiting. As soon as
you reach the top press a button to skip cut scene, turn and run down
the escalator and head down that little 'corridor'. He's on a bike and
there's one for you. Chase him and kill him, pick up what he drops. I
can't recall if you then have to return it to cortez or if that's
mission over. Again a lot depends on how good you are, but I think you
HAVE to kill him to take whatever it is he carries.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

<Bob@no.invalid> wrote in message
> GTA-Vice City.
>
> I'm trying to plant the four bombs in the building structure and finish in
> the venture in time. So far I've set only two bombs before I get whacked
> by the workers and run out of time.
>
> What can I do to help get through this nerve wracking mess please?
>
> I found a button cheat to slow down time but haven't tried it yet. I
> looked for but didn't find any cheat to skip the particular task and move
> on with the next--is there anything like this?
>
> In a parallel pizza quest I'm to get some information off a courier who I
> meet at the mall...but he runs off when the baddies show. Is the only
> object now to catch and run down the courier or am I suppose to stop him
> alive somehow?
>
> The game is tough enough for me because I don't like to play things over
> and over and over again when I don't fully understand what my objective
> is.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Bob

Paul gave great advice. The key is knowing how to fly the copter well. Why
don't you start the mission, and instead of even attempting to complete it,
just fly the copter around and practice turning, going forward and backward,
and up and down until you really get a feel for the controls. Then try and
tackle the mission...

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Bob@no.invalid wrote:
>>
>> GTA-Vice City.
>>
>> I'm trying to plant the four bombs in the building structure and finish
>> in
>> the venture in time. So far I've set only two bombs before I get whacked
>> by the workers and run out of time.
>>
>> What can I do to help get through this nerve wracking mess please?
>>
>> I found a button cheat to slow down time but haven't tried it yet. I
>> looked for but didn't find any cheat to skip the particular task and move
>> on with the next--is there anything like this?
>>
> You don't need to slow down, well, more than slowing down your own
> skills :O) You have to learn to fly the copter gently, to use the
> shoulder buttons to turn it and one or two little things. Firstly
> start at the bottom. I always started from the top until someone
> pointed out that on the last journey you only have to get to the drop
> off, and not back, so it might aswell be the longest. Try to relax
> and, best of all, you can use the copter as a weapon, if you learn to
> tilt forward without crashing into the ground you simply fly with the
> blades aimed at the bad guys. This mission was one of those hated ones
> until I learned how to fly copters, now it's a pleasure.
>
>> In a parallel pizza quest I'm to get some information off a courier who I
>> meet at the mall...but he runs off when the baddies show. Is the only
>> object now to catch and run down the courier or am I suppose to stop him
>> alive somehow?
>>
>> The game is tough enough for me because I don't like to play things over
>> and over and over again when I don't fully understand what my objective
>> is.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Bob
>
> This one's simple(ish). I don't even bother with the cut scene when I
> get to the top of the escalators where the guy is waiting. As soon as
> you reach the top press a button to skip cut scene, turn and run down
> the escalator and head down that little 'corridor'. He's on a bike and
> there's one for you. Chase him and kill him, pick up what he drops. I
> can't recall if you then have to return it to cortez or if that's
> mission over. Again a lot depends on how good you are, but I think you
> HAVE to kill him to take whatever it is he carries.
>
> --
Make sure you have a machine gun. you can fire forward while driving the
bike and take him out a lot quicker.

EL4 wrote:

> > This one's simple(ish). I don't even bother with the cut scene when I
> > get to the top of the escalators where the guy is waiting. As soon as
> > you reach the top press a button to skip cut scene, turn and run down
> > the escalator and head down that little 'corridor'. He's on a bike and
> > there's one for you. Chase him and kill him, pick up what he drops. I
> > can't recall if you then have to return it to cortez or if that's
> > mission over. Again a lot depends on how good you are, but I think you
> > HAVE to kill him to take whatever it is he carries.
> >
> > --
> Make sure you have a machine gun. you can fire forward while driving the
> bike and take him out a lot quicker.

good point. I'm so used to doing thse things automatically I don't
even think any more
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Wrong NG to ask GTA questions actually, but whatever.

This is actually a very easy mission - the secret is to start with the
highest bomb, then work your way down. Before you know it you'll have
an easy 15 secs to spare.

Need more VC help? -> alt.games.grand-theft-auto

Class 1 wrote:

> Wrong NG to ask GTA questions actually, but whatever.
>
> This is actually a very easy mission - the secret is to start with the
> highest bomb, then work your way down. Before you know it you'll have
> an easy 15 secs to spare.
>
> Need more VC help? -> alt.games.grand-theft-auto

I got a slapping last time I suggested going to another group :O)
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Class 1 wrote:
>>
>> Wrong NG to ask GTA questions actually, but whatever.
>>
>> This is actually a very easy mission - the secret is to start with the
>> highest bomb, then work your way down. Before you know it you'll have
>> an easy 15 secs to spare.
>>
>> Need more VC help? -> alt.games.grand-theft-auto
>
>I got a slapping last time I suggested going to another group :O)

Thanks for all the help guys. I have my work cut out for me and haven't
gotten back in the game yet. Finished Jade Empire first and...

Anyway, practice will make perfect. Also, I have yet to fire any weapon
from a bike or car yet so THAT is another trick to learn--heck, I just
learned how to lock on to a target with the L1 button when I was otherwise
unable to blow up the trucks.

When everything fails I start playing the sandbox game and racing around
terrorizing everyone and crashing into everything with the cops chasing
away, etc.--what a ball!

Thanks for pointing out the more proper newsgroup to use--I will.

Bob

Bob@no.invalid wrote:

> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Class 1 wrote:
> >>
> >> Wrong NG to ask GTA questions actually, but whatever.
> >>
> >> This is actually a very easy mission - the secret is to start with the
> >> highest bomb, then work your way down. Before you know it you'll have
> >> an easy 15 secs to spare.
> >>
> >> Need more VC help? -> alt.games.grand-theft-auto
> >
> >I got a slapping last time I suggested going to another group :O)
>
> Thanks for all the help guys. I have my work cut out for me and haven't
> gotten back in the game yet. Finished Jade Empire first and...
>
> Anyway, practice will make perfect. Also, I have yet to fire any weapon
> from a bike or car yet so THAT is another trick to learn--heck, I just
> learned how to lock on to a target with the L1 button when I was otherwise
> unable to blow up the trucks.
>
> When everything fails I start playing the sandbox game and racing around
> terrorizing everyone and crashing into everything with the cops chasing
> away, etc.--what a ball!
>
> Thanks for pointing out the more proper newsgroup to use--I will.
>
> Bob

firing forward on a bike is simple, just press fire, but it has to be
a small machine gun. firing sideways from cars or bike is shoulder
buttons for direction and fire. This trick is also used to 'deliver'
pizzas.

It's not that this isn't a proper group for GTA, but most visitors to
that group will have answers for you, whereas people here might not
have played it (Oh yeah!) In fact the GTA group has been a little slow
lately. They get a big buzz going when the game is new or released on
a certain platform, so it'll probably get another buzz going very
soon.