Sign in with
Your question

ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME

Last response: in Motherboards
February 21, 2013 4:13:09 AM

Hello,
I am having troubles with my new motherboard's Audio. I have the ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME. When i plug in my Razer - Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset or my other "cheaper" headsets all i get is a ton of fuzz with very little sound and the mic's not picking up sound. I am having this problem with the built in audio and the front panel audio from my Rosewill Blackhawk-Ultra tower.

If someone could please help me with this.

I have tried re installing the drivers and have them up to date

More about : asus maximus extreme

a c 118 Ĉ ASUS
a c 471 V Motherboard
February 21, 2013 6:15:28 AM

Azrimalos said:
Hello,
I am having troubles with my new motherboard's Audio. I have the ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME. When i plug in my Razer - Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset or my other "cheaper" headsets all i get is a ton of fuzz with very little sound and the mic's not picking up sound. I am having this problem with the built in audio and the front panel audio from my Rosewill Blackhawk-Ultra tower.

If someone could please help me with this.

I have tried re installing the drivers and have them up to date

have you installed the newest adio driver 2.7 from realtek web page?? the head set/speaker output on most mb is the gren port are your head set plugged into the right ports?? try with just the head set first and not the mic to rule out audio feedback.
m
l
February 21, 2013 6:13:40 PM

Indeed i have, and yes everything is plugged in right.

The built in audio on the motherboard doesnt seem to be working either. When i plug in i don't get sound.
m
l
Related resources
a c 118 Ĉ ASUS
a c 471 V Motherboard
February 21, 2013 6:24:07 PM

have you checked in the bios that the audio chipset is turned on. a lot of time down with ati or nvidia card there hdmi audio output becomes the main audio output not the realteck onboard audio. check in sound device manager what audio output is set for the main output. the onboard chipset or hdmi output.
m
l
February 22, 2013 2:30:41 AM

smorizio said:
have you checked in the bios that the audio chipset is turned on. a lot of time down with ati or nvidia card there hdmi audio output becomes the main audio output not the realteck onboard audio. check in sound device manager what audio output is set for the main output. the onboard chipset or hdmi output.

So i have it set to AC97 and the spdif as i had to choose between that and HDMI. When i change the AC97 to HD AUDIO it wont pick up any sound that i put into the computer.

The Volume From my LCD screen's built in speakers works just fine, but the screen is plugged in VIA HDMI.

If i plug anything into an Audio port i just hear static fuzz and VERY LITTLE sound.

When i go to the Realtek page i find downloads for the AC'97 and then HD audio i have tried both downloads, ive also tried the 3 downloads from the Asus website under my motherboard's driver downloads
m
l
February 22, 2013 3:57:01 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 102 V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 7:48:40 AM

If this is a fresh install of the OS (not carried over from a previous motherboard), unplug the front panel cables and try the rear output again ( just wondering there is some kind of groudloop or short). If you've already tried updating to the latest drivers (from the ASUS website) and the latest UEFI build, then you may need to RMA the board. When you get the new board, set it up on a non-conductive surface and see if the audio works fine before you install the board in your case.
m
l
!