Faulty motherboard?

Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
February 21, 2013 5:33:35 AM

Hi Toms,

I have recently purchased *second hand* a Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4L motherboard for the purpose of using it as a media server..

It's a SLI, socket 775 mb, 4x ddr II, 4x sata etc.

Went to test it this afternoon with a Nvidia geforce 8400 (small card, dvi, hdmi) that is known good, All i get from the motherboard is loooonng beep then looong beep and so on..
Have looked this up in the manual which states that the video card is not in correctly... It has no onboard video so i can't test it with that.

I've cleaned the gpu, slot, ensured that its in single card mode, unplugged everything except necessarys and still no dice..

Any ideas or is this motherboard toast? I would think it wouldn't matter what card i put in it as long as it's pci-e right? (and power is sufficient) - 400w

More about : faulty motherboard

Best solution

a c 481 V Motherboard
February 21, 2013 5:46:11 AM

Anonymous said:
Hi Toms,

I have recently purchased *second hand* a Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4L motherboard for the purpose of using it as a media server..

It's a SLI, socket 775 mb, 4x ddr II, 4x sata etc.

Went to test it this afternoon with a Nvidia geforce 8400 (small card, dvi, hdmi) that is known good, All i get from the motherboard is loooonng beep then looong beep and so on..
Have looked this up in the manual which states that the video card is not in correctly... It has no onboard video so i can't test it with that.

I've cleaned the gpu, slot, ensured that its in single card mode, unplugged everything except necessarys and still no dice..

Any ideas or is this motherboard toast? I would think it wouldn't matter what card i put in it as long as it's pci-e right? (and power is sufficient) - 400w

make sure on the mb the white 4 pin pci power plug is plugged in this gives power to the pci video slots.
Anonymous
February 21, 2013 5:55:29 AM

smorizio said:
make sure on the mb the white 4 pin pci power plug is plugged in this gives power to the pci video slots.

Well, I'll be.

It was plugged in, the P4 connector.. I unplugged it to check the voltage and plugged it back in and now its working.

Thanks ! legend
m
l
Anonymous
February 21, 2013 5:55:40 AM

Best answer selected by client54.
m
l
!