Sign in with
Your question

Do I have a faulty ATX 12V conection?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 2, 2012 7:25:30 PM

Chassis fans work. Heatsink fan works. Video card fan works when plugged into PSU. But my MOBO does not send any signal to a monitor or make any beeps when speaker is attached. I cannot even get it powered to the point the Dr. Debug lights flash.

This is a totally fresh build using all new components, and I am a new builder.

I've got:
ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3
Intel i5 2500K
4x Patriot 4GB sticks @1600
EVGA GTX550 ti
Cooler Master 932 Advance case
Cooler Master N520 HSF
Seagate 1TB HDD

I have tried:
1. putting the mobo togetether with only 1 stick of memory; processor; and HSF and no response from Dr. Debug or speaker.
2. checking that the CPU is lined up, and clear of anything thermal or dust
3. re-seating memory
4. removing and reattaching HSF
5. re-connecting both 24-pin and 8-pin connectors

and still I get no response at all.

I've read through the list of recommended steps and tried any that I could imagine would be helpful to no avail.

Thanks for any advice you have...

More about : faulty atx 12v conection

January 2, 2012 7:36:48 PM

Try removing the battery from the motherboards for a few seconds, then put it back in.

Secondly, do you have another computer? Try running your graphics card in another computer to see if that computer posts.

What connection are you using, HDMI, DVI, VGA??
m
l
January 2, 2012 7:38:21 PM

Do you have ll of the power connectors pluged into the motherboard. The 4 or 8 pin cpu power connector needs to be pluged in for the MB to boot. The power connector for that is on the left side of the cpu socket near the top of the MB. Also make sure that the 24 pin motherboard power connector is seated all the way in.
m
l
Related resources
January 2, 2012 7:44:12 PM

redeemer said:
Try removing the battery from the motherboards for a few seconds, then put it back in.

Secondly, do you have another computer? Try running your graphics card in another computer to see if that computer posts.

What connection are you using, HDMI, DVI, VGA??

Thanks ill try taking out the battery. My other pc doesn't have a pcie slot :( 

Using a dvi connection.
m
l
January 2, 2012 7:48:55 PM

inzone said:
Do you have ll of the power connectors pluged into the motherboard. The 4 or 8 pin cpu power connector needs to be pluged in for the MB to boot. The power connector for that is on the left side of the cpu socket near the top of the MB. Also make sure that the 24 pin motherboard power connector is seated all the way in.

I've got both the 24pin and 8pin cables plugged in. Mobo has an 8pin 12v connection at the top and I've got two four pin power cables connected there.

Forgot to mention I've got a corsair enthusiast 750w psu.
m
l
!