Emachines EL7852G-52W

jhlucario

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
my computers graphics suck when playing video games. My computer has GMA X4500 intergated graphics can someone please help. Is it possibale to get a graphics card for my computer that is small enough to fit my computer?

jhlucario

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
It's ok i actually had to get it repaired which is why i have not been online in about a week. The guy that fixed it said it's not game compatible and i cant get a new graphics card in it because my PC is to small. Thanks for trying to help me out.

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Wait, even a low profile card does not fit for your case? Low profile cards look like these .
I doubt cards go any smaller than half-height low profile designs. If that is the case, then you should get a new case. Problem is the motherboard, if it is proprietary, then mounting the motherboard will be a problem.

jhlucario

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
No i dont think that one will fit in my pc. Actually when my computers cover is off you cant even see the graphics card because it is so small

PS: If you want i could send you a picture of my computer.

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Okay, took a look at the insides already.
6369523617_0613cf330c_z.jpg

The red box as labeled would the PCI-Express x16 slot. The slot in which you'll fit the graphic card into.
[strike]Your casing is 3.9 inches. Not to worry, took a quick measurement with my low-profile card and the width is ~2.3 inches (excluding connectors and back plate, don't have to worry about those) giving you around 1.6 inches of leeway. Sufficient unless your motherboard sticks out a lot.
Your casing also appears to have two rear slots meaning adding a low-profile back plate will also be no problem. It will look like this when you've changed the back plate.[/strike]
Low_Profile_brackets.jpg

[strike]So, now the only problem you would have is to find a graphics card which comes included with a low profile bracket as well as a low profile design.[/strike] Any ideas on which card you'd like to get?

EDIT: Did a little more measurements and the back plate of a standard graphic card is 3.9 inches exactly the same as the width of your casing (as stated by eMachines website). This means you don't have to worry about getting a card with low profile back plate.

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Yeah sure. After all, 500$ can get you a decent gaming rig already. ;)

jhlucario

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Ok btw i am still working on building the gaming pc got some of the parts last night. I got the fan and thats about it for now. Still need lots more items to build it. I was looking at a prossessor last night and it was almost 200.00 it was a intel i3

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Now, what will be the budget your whole system?
That will help narrow things down better.
Tom's provides a large number of articles to help system builders decide on what to buy (refer: Best CPU/GPU for the money, System Builders Marathon)

On the topic of CPU, if you are interested in an i3 then the i3-2100 would be nice. 3.1GHz, 2 cores on Sandy Bridge architecture and 4 threads; courtesy of Hyper-Threading, makes it a surprisingly effective gaming CPU to have. Biggest setback would be the inability to OC it, no biggie if you don't.
The i3-2120 increases clock speed by 200MHz with a price increase.

Then, on the lower end, if your budget is low there is the new Sandy Bridge Pentium processors. Only one worth looking at is the Pentium G860. Not much to look at there; 3.0GHz and 2 cores. Except for the much sought after sandy Bridge architecture.

On AMD's side, the one I would recommend which wouldn't break the bank is the Phenom II X4 955BE. A Deneb 3.20GHz quad-core beast which OCs ridiculously well on air, this processor packs quite the punch for it's prize category. It trades blows with the Intel's i3-2100 in terms of performance but has a slightly lower price and the advantage of four physical cores (AMD) over four logical cores (Intel).

Still need to know your budget before I can say much. Many processors out there right now. :p

jhlucario

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Im not making any money now until summer. Just going through plans for the computer. and if i cant build one i will just have my computer upgraded. the guy that wants to do it said i can have a graphics card on the out side of my pc.

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
It is quite a long shot.
But, you can try dropping all the graphics settings to either low/off and make sure there is no form of anti-aliasing. Then try running it at a resolution of 1280x720. If it still lags, decrease your resolution until game play becomes smooth.
I've tried playing Sims 2 on integrated graphics before and it runs but, it isn't without lag at all.

jhlucario

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

I tried it and it worked great thanks for your help i am running my graphics at 1280X768 :hello: