Emachines EL7852G-52W

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhlucario

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
my computers graphics suck when playing video games. My computer has GMA X4500 intergated graphics can someone please help. Is it possibale to get a graphics card for my computer that is small enough to fit my computer?

Solution
The 220W PSU you have on your system is really shaky. Your CPU (E5800) will take up 65W (max) leaving you with only 155W to play around with, which isn't much.
With only that much headroom, it (theoretically) should be able to run the low-power boys on the block.
Such as (but not limited to):
Nvidia's GT210, GT220, GT240
AMD's Radeon HD5450, 5570
While it is possible, I HIGHLY do not recommend! They may be low end, but the minimum required power should be around 300W (as stated by Nvidia and AMD).
You should consider upgrading your PSU.
Oh, what resolution, games and graphic settings do you intend to run? Also, include a budget for your upgrade. This will help paint a clearer picture. Thank you. ;)

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
The 220W PSU you have on your system is really shaky. Your CPU (E5800) will take up 65W (max) leaving you with only 155W to play around with, which isn't much.
With only that much headroom, it (theoretically) should be able to run the low-power boys on the block.
Such as (but not limited to):
Nvidia's GT210, GT220, GT240
AMD's Radeon HD5450, 5570
While it is possible, I HIGHLY do not recommend! They may be low end, but the minimum required power should be around 300W (as stated by Nvidia and AMD).
You should consider upgrading your PSU.
Oh, what resolution, games and graphic settings do you intend to run? Also, include a budget for your upgrade. This will help paint a clearer picture. Thank you. ;)

Solution

jhlucario

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I want my computer to run the sims 2 and the sims 3 but my graphics really don't work that great. My computer usally is set to 1600X900 but when i play my games on it the games crashes most of the time. But when it is working the road turns into the grass and the grass turns into the road.

Is there a graphics card small enough to fit in my computer? Computer is a emachines EL1852G-52W It's a very slim computer. And on last thing can i connect the new graphics card to my computers PCI slot :bounce: :hello: :)

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
For slim chassis, low-profile/half-height cards can be used. They are readily available in the market and are suited for slim chassis. But, just to be on the safe side, always take some measurements of your case to compare with the dimensions of the graphic card you intend to use.

As for the PCI slot, I doubt it. Most (if not all) graphics cards connect to the PCI-Express x16 slots; there are also some compatible with the PCI-Express x1 slot (but I'm not too sure which).

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
A PCI-Express slot looks like,
30-pcie.jpg

For graphics cards, you'll utilise the PCI-E x16 slot.

Sims 2 & 3 are relatively light resource games so, you do not really need a very powerful GPU.
Nvidia's GT240 and AMD's 5570 will be able to handle those games very well; both will be able to run on max graphic settings but you may have to omit AA for Sims 3.

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
You'll have to reference it to the picture I showed you. If you have difficulties, take a picture of it then post it in the forums.
Moderators will close this thread soon, so you should open another one addressing this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.